First pearl gourami bubble nest?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Meg0000

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I just noticed this (picture below) at the surface of my aquarium, could this be the first attempt of my pearl gourami at doing a bubble nest?

Attachments

• 20200909_164903.jpg
    20200909_164903.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 123
Yep, that's a bubble nest! Love is in the air! Word to the wise, though: it's better to have more female PGs than males. The males can get sort of obnoxious when The Urge is upon them. How big is your tank? If you have space, you and your critters would be happier if you either got a couple more females, or got rid of one of the males.

Are your males all colored up? Mine would always get really beautiful when they' were trying to impress the gals.

Yep, that's a bubble nest! Love is in the air! Word to the wise, though: it's better to have more female PGs than males. The males can get sort of obnoxious when The Urge is upon them. How big is your tank? If you have space, you and your critters would be happier if you either got a couple more females, or got rid of one of the males.

Are your males all colored up? Mine would always get really beautiful when they' were trying to impress the gals.
I can't add more gouramis, they are just fine together and I already tried adding other pearls but they didn't accept the new others. It's a 55 gallon 4ft long. The biggest male claimed the left side as his territory and the smaller one stays most of the time at the right. The female really goes anywhere but she get chased by the males sometimes. The biggest male (the one that did the bubble nest) is colored up right now, very beautiful!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back