First males of my ghost guppy project

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Overhere some photos of the first males of my ghost guppy project that do have the right base to work with. Of course, I've used also my snow white guppies for this project.
I wanted to create a white guppy (blonde bodied) with a shine of black on the rear part of the body. These two males are perfect to work with. I do expect to have the job done as a steady strain by this year.

Attachments

• IMG_9242.JPG
    IMG_9242.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9248.JPG
    IMG_9248.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9192a.jpg
    IMG_9192a.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9205a.jpg
    IMG_9205a.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9213a.jpg
    IMG_9213a.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 57
Cool project, but why start 2 threads on the same subject?

IMO, it would be better to capture all of the updates, photos and videos in just 1 thread, so all of your research and progress is in one place.

Again, just MO...

Cool project, but why start 2 threads on the same subject?

IMO, it would be better to capture all of the updates, photos and videos in just 1 thread, so all of your research and progress is in one place.

Again, just MO...
Well, it wasn't my intention to make two threads but in some way the photos didn't show up in my first attempt. That's why I made another one.

Absolutely beautiful! It’s a shame that those strains aren’t available commercially. :/

We will soon have a FOTM featuring Livebearers. I hope you enter one of your livebearers

Absolutely beautiful! It’s a shame that those strains aren’t available commercially. :/
Well, most wholesalers do focus on the common guppies. Those are cheaper and therefore they can sell much more to the retail industry. Rare ons are mostly a bit (till even way more...) more expensive.
We will soon have a FOTM featuring Livebearers. I hope you enter one of your livebearers
I'll keep it in mind...

EmeraldKing, out of curiosity, where are you getting all these unusual colour varieties of guppies and other livebearers from?
Are you creating them or finding them at shops?

EmeraldKing, out of curiosity, where are you getting all these unusual colour varieties of guppies and other livebearers from?
Are you creating them or finding them at shops?
Well, most livebearers I've got won't be sold at an average lfs. I do have an international network within this field. There's import and fish from other serious breeders (mainly wild species). I do create my own guppy lines as well. It's a time investment which pays off. I am very intrigued by genetics. And having a diversity of livebearer species gives me also the oppotunity to observe them myself and make comparisions to their fancy cousins. For I do write relevant articles (mainly livebearer related) for a dutch, german, french and hopefully this year also for a danish livebearer magazine.
Like the ones shown above, are my own creations. Now, I've selected the right males out of a batch of mutiple crossings of the same kind. So, these ain't siblings. But used the same kind of guppies as F0 breeding pairs. It comes down to linebreeding from this point on. For they need to breed true in the end as a new strain. And they will be offered to wholesalers.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back