First live plant...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
200.gif

...Just keep an eye on your pH. I think you'll be fine. Antler is just bone. You're right; all the other stuff is in the velvet, which comes off before the rut. If I ever do my dream Wyoming Foothills biotope, I have an entire deer skull I plan on putting in! ☠️

Test your KH as well... That will determine how easily your PH shifts.

Test your KH as well... That will determine how easily your PH shifts.
I still need to find a test kit for that. My API Master Kit does not include.

I boiled the antler last night in about a gallon of water to sterilize and let it sit overnight. Out of curiosity I did a PH test on the water today and it was off the charts. Granted I would think that boiling would leech a lot more calcium than normal and it was only about a gallon of water. I think I'll put the antler in the tank with nothing on it and monitor the PH daily to see if the PH climbs.

I still need to find a test kit for that. My API Master Kit does not include.

I boiled the antler last night in about a gallon of water to sterilize and let it sit overnight. Out of curiosity I did a PH test on the water today and it was off the charts. Granted I would think that boiling would leech a lot more calcium than normal and it was only about a gallon of water. I think I'll put the antler in the tank with nothing on it and monitor the PH daily to see if the PH climbs.
Probably a good idea... If it goes up too much remove it

Any specific epoxy that should be used?
Not sure. I know there are fish-safe epoxy paints and other fish-safe clear coatings, but that isn't really my area of expertise. You'd have to do some research, but I know such things exist!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back