April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

**Update**

Unfortunately I went away for the weekend and I think my parents overfed them. I've lost 4 of the danios one tetra and one oto

Yesterday first thing I moved over the filter media to the 20g leaving some sponge behind so I can quarentine the remaining danio my parents said the others were really bent so I suspect they may have been sick.

The other fish are loving all the new space.

I will be getting a ton of new plants at the end of the month to fill up this tank a bit more.

IMG_20200915_065457_1-01.jpeg
IMG_20200915_065605-01.jpeg
IMG_20200915_065344-01.jpeg

**Update**

Unfortunately I went away for the weekend and I think my parents overfed them. I've lost 4 of the danios one tetra and one oto

Yesterday first thing I moved over the filter media to the 20g leaving some sponge behind so I can quarentine the remaining danio my parents said the others were really bent so I suspect they may have been sick.

I will be getting a ton of new plants at the end of the month to fill up this tank a bit more.

View attachment 116359View attachment 116360View attachment 116361

Sorry about all the fish you lost. :(:rip:

**Update**

View attachment 116359View attachment 116360View attachment 116361

Too bad about your fish
That's always difficult.

Your 20g is looking good, I can't tell from the pictures if you got the sand thing worked out. I am just starting to look at Cory's and it will be my first time using sand. Also, I have to learn how to blanch vegetables as raw kind doesn't work. They are so cute! Live plants are for sure the way to go and i cant wait to see how your aquarium evolves.

The 2.5g and other extra equipment will be handy in the future as a quarantine tank, fry tank, etc. If you want to keep it running to keep seeded filter media going you can get snails. Mystery snails are great entertainment and get bigger than you would think! A few Nerites would also be cool, they lay eggs vital they won't hatch in freshwater. There are some really cool ones, too.
(Be careful with snails some reproduce like crazy, some are even hermaphroditic and can reproduce solo)!

I have had many betta and currently have a Dwarf Pea Puffer and in my opinion both of those fish need a minimum of 5g will be more enjoyable for you and the fish!
: )
Sorry for the long reply, glad you're on the forum!

**Update**

Thank you for the kind words everyone I've been treating them with polyguard and everything seems to be fine now I've had no losses and everyone looks healthy and is eating well.

I'm using the smaller tank to quarentine any new fish or plants that I get from now on I really don't want to go through that again.

I'm also using it as a grow out for plants and moss.

It currently has 2 danios in it my dad felt bad for the one remaining glo danio so he bought bought it a friend they will be moved to the bigger tank at the end of the week.

The hair grass will also be trimmed this weekend

IMG_20200929_210007-01.jpeg
IMG_20200928_205318.jpg

**Update**

I have not lost any more fish but have gained a few, the danios that were in quarantine spawned and I have about 10 healthy fry, so unplanned but very cool to see, I've been feeding them hikari first bite and they are growing like crazy, I also have a Malaysian Trumpet Snail and a mystery snail in my quarantine tank now they seemed to have stowed away in some of my plants. The 20g is also coming along nicely the plants are growing in and the fish are super active.

I do have a question though, it was an orange glo danio and a regular zebra danio that spawned, what do I do with the fry since I cant keep them all?
IMG_20201004_235629-01.jpeg

Ask local fish shop of they'll buy or trade them. You might need to keep until fry are bigger try sell or trade with local hobbyist.

But you would need to explain that the parents were a glo danio and a normal danio. It's not the same as hybrid fish since they are the same species, but any potential buyer needs to know.

The tank looks good!
Congrats on the fry! You could go to local hobbyists or aquarium stores to see if they would take the fish. You have to let them know that it was a glo danio and a normal danio that spawned.
Are you keeping some of the fry? If you are, you have to post some pictures when they're older. I'm interested to see what they'll look like.

**Update**

I was lucky enough to have some time off so I spent today doing some tank maintenance and updates.

The smaller tank was a mess after feeding the fry first bite and the smaller foods so I cleaned that out and redid it.

The fry have been moved over to the community tank and are doing just fine. I have about 12 of them.

In the smaller tank I have a pond snail and a Malaysian trumpet snail I'm thinking about turning it into a shrimp tank eventually but for now I will use it as a quarentine for some more corys I have left a big open spot behind the wood for them to do their thing.
The tank looks good!
Congrats on the fry! You could go to local hobbyists or aquarium stores to see if they would take the fish. You have to let them know that it was a glo danio and a normal danio that spawned.
Are you keeping some of the fry? If you are, you have to post some pictures when they're older. I'm interested to see what they'll look like.

The fry are really pretty and the photos don't do them justice.

IMG_20201029_212344.jpg
IMG_20201027_213859.jpg
IMG_20201029_152843_2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201029_212344.jpg
    IMG_20201029_212344.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20201029_152843_2.jpg
    IMG_20201029_152843_2.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 60
**Update**

I was lucky enough to have some time off so I spent today doing some tank maintenance and updates.

The smaller tank was a mess after feeding the fry first bite and the smaller foods so I cleaned that out and redid it.

The fry have been moved over to the community tank and are doing just fine. I have about 12 of them.

In the smaller tank I have a pond snail and a Malaysian trumpet snail I'm thinking about turning it into a shrimp tank eventually but for now I will use it as a quarentine for some more corys I have left a big open spot behind the wood for them to do their thing.

The fry are really pretty and the photos don't do them justice.

View attachment 121172View attachment 121173View attachment 121174

The fry are so pretty! And your tanks look great! You've come really far in such a short time. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back