First bubble nest!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Did Hank do a good job?

• Total voters

Quin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I came home today to see that my little betta baby Hank made his very first bubble nest! I'm super excited for him and proud of all the hard work he put into it :good::fish:

I'm really glad that this tank reno stuff is paying off. Whether bubble nests are actually a sign of happiness, or just sexual maturity, it's really encouraging either way. Go Hank!

Thank y'all who helped me nurse him back to health, I'm really grateful for you and I think it definitely paid off. In case any of you ever wonder, he's been excessively healthy and acts like he was never even near death. He's surprisingly social for a fish too, nonetheless a betta!

Attachments

• 20200601_164718.jpg
    20200601_164718.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
Good work for his first try, needs to add another bedroom and I thought the bathroom and living room was a little small but the fire place looked great:D

Go Hank! (And yes, go ahead and give Hank a treat. :rofl:)

I have... a sad confession. I got his plants in the mail today and accidentally destroyed his (new and improved two story house with additional bedrooms plus a renovated bathroom and living room) bubble nest. He nipped at my wrist while I was putting the plants in and I thought it was because he was trying to eat my mole, but now I think he might have been a little angry with me :(

The good news is he definitely likes the new plants! I've already snuck up to find him resting on them before he notices me and comes to say hi. He swims in them a bunch too, which is really sweet.

Here I post all that remains of his bubble nest and his new plants. That bag of gravel is coming out on Wednesday I think!!

Attachments

• 20200601_194643.jpg
    20200601_194643.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
  • 20200601_194929.jpg
    20200601_194929.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
He will rebuild! He was defending his nest ;)

That's sad :( and I heard he had no insurance either. Let him know that if he needs a good lawyer I know one who will represent him for free. Those darn bubble home smashers:eek:

Last edited:
Look at this good boy. Homewreckers don't phase him B)

He definitely has a noticeable preference for building while I'm not in the room. I suppose I'll have to give him some quiet time so he can update that kitchen! Lot of potential there :D

Attachments

• 20200602_144739.jpg
    20200602_144739.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
go hank!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back