FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Chen jing kai

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Is my set up okay? Thank you.
image.jpg

What are the plants in there?

The one in the middle at the back looks a bit like Java fern. If it is, is it attached to decor or planted in the substrate?

The plant in the front right corner looks like anubias. If it is, that also needs to be attached to decor and not planted in the substrate.

You need a picture on the back to make the fish feel more comfortable, and some floating plants like Water Sprite for the Gourami. And a bit of aeration/ surface turbulence would help.

What are the plants in there?

The one in the middle at the back looks a bit like Java fern. If it is, is it attached to decor or planted in the substrate?

The plant in the front right corner looks like anubias. If it is, that also needs to be attached to decor and not planted in the substrate.
Fern is attatched to a piece of wood. The anubias is on a piece of rock, is that okay? I think there is a bacopa, hygrophilia rubra and then there is a brown plant. I think there is a cryptocorne and some grass.

Fern is attatched to a piece of wood. The anubias is on a piece of rock, is that okay? I think there is a bacopa, hygrophilia rubra and then there is a brown plant. I think there is a cryptocorne and some grass.
Sorry, I just needed to check as I couldn't see where the roots were, and so many people plant those plants in the substrate. As they are attached to decor, they're fine :)

Sorry, I just needed to check as I couldn't see where the roots were, and so many people plant those plants in the substrate. As they are attached to decor, they're fine :)
I have seen people plant them in substrate with the rhizome hanging out. How can I identify it on a fern? Kinda confusing looking online.

Hi Jing Kai,

Get a few big and small driftwoods(big driftwoods may cost between S$18-38 each) that fit into your tank and some rocks.
You can put the plants to be around or in between the driftwoods and rocks.
But avoid the Seiryu rocks (grey colour which can increase your GH) which are not suitable for South American(eg. Cardinal Tetras) and Asian fish(eg. Gourami) which require low GH(soft water).

Here are some videos on aquascapings.

Information about rocks:

Biotope information:

Videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B8-x2A0r48

Most reactions

trending

Back