First angel fish ive owned have paired up and spawned i guess i wanna show them off

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

El chapo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's a picture of them

Attachments

• 20230105_060918.jpg
    20230105_060918.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 35
very cool, never had fish breed for me.

I wish my fishes would stop breeding.

Wait and see if any eggs are fertile. It could be two females. :)

Very Cool, the black, what I assume is the male, angel has nice color. You should have an interesting mix. What are you planning on feeding the fry?

I'm not sure I wasn't expecting eggs so I'm still working on that

I kept a log on my second batch of Angel fry https://www.fishforums.net/threads/angelfish-breeding-log-2nd-attempt.472784/. You have about 8 days after the eggs are laid before feeding starts (give or take). I used brine shrimp to feed mine but it is a bit of work to do so because especially at the beginning you need two small batches of freshly hatch naupli to feed the fry each day. Your tank appears to have hiding areas with biofilm on them, ie just below the eggs, where the fry might be able to hide and find food. I had a number of failures before my first success, after that they are easier to raise because you know what to expect. That said I just lost a whole batch because the female just decided to eat them all two days after laying them.

I kept a log on my second batch of Angel fry https://www.fishforums.net/threads/angelfish-breeding-log-2nd-attempt.472784/. You have about 8 days after the eggs are laid before feeding starts (give or take). I used brine shrimp to feed mine but it is a bit of work to do so because especially at the beginning you need two small batches of freshly hatch naupli to feed the fry each day. Your tank appears to have hiding areas with biofilm on them, ie just below the eggs, where the fry might be able to hide and find food. I had a number of failures before my first success, after that they are easier to raise because you know what to expect. That said I just lost a whole batch because the female just decided to eat them all two days after laying them.
The tank is heavily planted if they can eat the bio film or whatever then they might be okay but I might feed egg yolk

Sounds good. I did not have much success with egg yolk but its not like I tried hard. You will get fewer fry surviving but that could be considered a blessing in disguise. I would recommend posting a log. I find I go back to mine to remind me of critical time frames. If you post a log we all can follow the progress, no pressure.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back