First 75G Setup

Mine worked, dont get me wrong, I just find that the larger Bichirs such as Endi's and Ornate, tend to target any slimline fish once they start to thicken out. Mine was just more stressed than in danger of being eaten. I have a 13" and a 18" Ornate along with a 12" Endi. All 3 of these only ever show interest in long thin fish such as Eels. I found the Endi with a Ropefish about 3" longer than it hanging out of its mouth. I managed to save both but had to quickly remove the Rope.

Of course this does all depend on the temperament of each individual fish and it will probably work out fine so long as it is a young Bichir that goes in with a larger Knife. Unfortunately for me I got all mine around 8"  so didn't know what they had grown up with. I am a massive advocate of putting fish in small and them behaving if they grow up with intended tank mates.

Yea I can see where different scenarios have different results, I have my bichirs with 3 tire track eels, the smallest being 6" in a 75 gallon and their all fine, they will all be upgraded to a 300 gallon soon so I'm happy with the results.

Anyone use the Hydor Power 600 canister filter before? I just bought it for my setup.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back