FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bikerfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi All
Just thought I would give a quick update on my boys
fish.gif

Still thinking less dominant 1 might be female as top dorsal fin does not go back so far as the other one and colouring he/she does not have some much red and is slightly lighter in colour but all is going great
winner.gif

I now have a bigger tank which is 5ft long and 340lt and 2 external filters running also now 2 female Tbars which have settled in nicely also 3 spotted dwarf catfish . The catfish are great and are happy to swim out and about with the lights on .
cathy

For most cichlids, you would be right. Not sure if that trait (dorsal fin) alone would be enough to ensure sex on Firemouths. I once though I had a male Electric Blue Jack Dempsey until she was old enough and I vented her. What a surprise I had! This fish is the one in question. Appeared male, but was female.
ebjd2.jpg

Hi cheers for answering
I was looking at the EBJD , was considering getting 1 but read they were really hard to get a healthy 1 and have problems with eating while small ?
she is fantastic looking
cathy

Getting good stock can be challenging. I always try to get them when they first hit the store. Pick the healthiest looking (weight, appearance, shape) right off the bat. That helps. Once I start breeding, maybe you can get one from me!

Hi cheers for your answer , will keep in mind only trouble would have to be flown over but def love cichlids.
Cathy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back