firefish not eating

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fuzzy

Fish Herder
Reaction score
well he was doing good and eating but now hes gone chicken hearted on me. he wont stay out long enough to be feed. i leave the room right after food is put in, then i look thro a crack in the door and oesnt come out. Tank is 30 gal. any suggestions? should i put extra food in and hope he eats it. the arrow crab and filters would get the extra fod going around usualy so it wouldnt make the tank messy. thnx for any help

Try using Garlic Xtreme, 1 drop per ten gallons. This should help in getting him eating.

Hey, I have a firefish acting weird too. He's eating, but hiding all of the time. What's up with that???

i have had a few of these fish before ,they have a shy dispostion ,and sometimes will hide if they feel a little frightened ,they best kept in a quiet tank with not alot of greedy feeders ,........

Adrinal said:
Do you have any experience with multipuls in one tank?
I would like to know about that too. I have read conflicting material on whether or not to keep more than one in a tank. I have read that they will fight, and I have also read that sometimes it is good to get a few of them to get them "out from under their rocks".

Ya ive read strong posts on 1 and pairs and 3... and never have seen a clear answer :(

Adrinal said:
Ya ive read strong posts on 1 and pairs and 3... and never have seen a clear answer :(
It's up to you, but in my experience, they tend to do better in groups. Two are okay, as are three. Five or more is harder to keep, but it looks awesome. :thumbs:

If you have keept up with my thread in the galerie you know I have 3 FF now... I think.
One started eating in the back of the tank right away. When I turned on the light a smaller one paired up with the first and they have moved to take over the FRONT GLASS!!! woo hoo. been their ever since I turned on the lights. I haven't seen the third one since I put it in. Whats the chances he is hiding out in 150lb of rock AND will come out one day? (only been 24 hours so far)

Any experiences like this with firefish here?

I have had them in the past, and it seems to me that they do much better in pairs than by themselves. When I only had one in the tank, he was always hiding and I would not see him for weeks at a time. I finally gave up on him (thought he was a goner) and got two more. Next thing I knew, I had three in the tank and they did not hide much at all during the day. As soon as night would come, they would find their hiding spots and would be gone until the next day.

These don't stay in the rocks for long at all after a scare (third still hasn't shown). I have been having trouble with the conch getting trapped between the glass and rocks alott LOL, so I get to put my hands in there alot and scare the FF.
I even turned over the HUGE rock they hang neer and it didn't faze them for more than a minute (trying to kill off the dang algea till I can get enough grazers in there).

:thumbs:

I sure hope the third comes out as well like yours did. Thanks for the story :)

Most reactions

trending

Back