Fire Extinguisher Co2

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hi all,

Excellent post and very useful replies and links!

I just wanted to add that my FE is now empty and I was faced with either getting a new one and sending this one for refill (for later) or just binning it buying another new one. Instead I ordered a 3.15kg CO2 cylinder from London Beer Gas (look them up on Google). It's a bit bigget than the FE, but it costs just £20 delivered. You have to leave them with a £40 deposit for the cylinder, but that's obviously returnable. When it runs out you just call them, pay another £20 and they deliver a filled cylinder to you and take the old one away. Seems to be a good service, and no need to keep several cylinders around! I will fill up the FE anyway so that when the Beer Gas one empties there will be no gap in CO2 provision.

Oh, and I also got my initial small cylinder/regulator kit from the chap in Germany (eBay), but the reg is playing up. I'm very disappointed - I've had it just over a year now and for some reason when I have the needle valve set down quite low (I like to supply about 2 bubbles per second), excess CO2 is vented out through the safety opening at the bottom of the reg. I don't know exactly how these work, but it's obviously wrong.....

Just my experiences.....

Irf.

as long as the dennerle reg isnt for disposable bottles it should be fine, as the valve on refillable bottles is standard so all refillable bottle regs should fit all refillable bottles, if that makes sense, i should think it would be ok, though i havent used the dennerle regs or kits myself, but dennerle do refillable co2 bottles (the same valve as co2 FE's) so id image the regs fit those unless it was supplied with a refillable kit.

Yeah its a proper reg.

I have just found somewhere that does 3kg Cylinders - 50 quid no refundable deposit to get the bottle - then £14.28 to get it swapped for a full one!

3kg should last me an age

Aaron

My 3kg bottle has arrived but the pressure in the bottle is only just above 50 bar!

Is this in an issue with Pub bottles? Perhaps it will stay at the same reading for ages?

Cheers
Aaron

I would say this bottle is at between 52 and 55 bar. Hard to tell. Might just be the operating pressure of this bottle I guess

Cheers
Aaron

EDIT - Its now just under 60 bar - guess the bottle had been out in the cold

i could be a total idiot but imo they realy cant be that bad. i know we are adding the regulator but these FE are in schools around the country and kids are often playing with them, hell in my school we used to spray them for fun. if they where indeed this deadly i highly doubt they could be placed around schools without supervision. as we all know kids like to experiment with stupid stuff and ive never heard of a kid being blownup by a FE

i could be a total idiot but imo they realy cant be that bad. i know we are adding the regulator but these FE are in schools around the country and kids are often playing with them, hell in my school we used to spray them for fun. if they where indeed this deadly i highly doubt they could be placed around schools without supervision. as we all know kids like to experiment with stupid stuff and ive never heard of a kid being blownup by a FE

They are safe - er with the horn on, once you take it off, then that is when it becomes dangerous.

Try spraying one without the horn on *actually, DONT!*

but my point is surly the regulator fits just as snug as the horn would? so if the seal is safe enough for kids im sure its safe enough if we be carfull when using it.

Most reactions

trending

Back