Fire Eel

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Feeding live fish and not listening to members information. Close thread? :p

Not to be mean but I don't remotely understand why anyone would use live fish as a food source nor why you wouldn't try other things?

techen said:
Feeding live fish and not listening to members information. Close thread?
tongue2.gif

Not to be mean but I don't remotely understand why anyone would use live fish as a food source nor why you wouldn't try other things?
Why is it bad to feed live food? I know people who have fed african leaf fish live shimp.

i have a fire eel. it will eat nothing apart from bloodworm. but its ok because its only costing around 5 quid a month. infact i can get 5 high quality bloodworm packs for 10 quid so probably works out less than that. just stick with bloodworm, eventually it will be more confident in comimg out and eating it. sticking with the same foods will get them used to it and they will consume more as time goes on.

NorthEastFisherman said:
Feeding live fish and not listening to members information. Close thread? :p
Why is it bad to feed live food? I know people who have fed african leaf fish live shimp.
I ment feeding it neons....

techen said:

because its natural for certain fish, thats why....

what do you think an eel eats in the wild?....frozen brine shrimp and blood worms?....or live food?

Mikey1 said:

because its natural for certain fish, thats why....

what do you think an eel eats in the wild?....frozen brine shrimp and blood worms?....or live food?
he meant neons... why buy and feed neons. not live foods such as shrimp and bloodworms

I've had a few different Fire Eels, each had their own food preference, some would tear after shrimp, mussels, clam and others only bloodworms.  The one I have now, I'm trying to get him off bloodworms by starving him for a few days.  We'll see if he will take to shrimp.  Bloodworms are ok, but this alone won't grow these guys to their massive size.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back