Fire bellied new tank

1bennet1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,
I really want to setup a fire bellied newt tank and I was wondering what the minimum tank size is and also if there are any types of fish that can go in a tank with him?

Thanks

I had a firebelly newt and didn't like it. I ended up giving it away.

-_- Everyone likes there firebellies :p :D
White clouds or danios would be the best howver i suspect my newts may be a litttle afraid of a fish I was watchin him and he ate then was all covered in worms walked over to the edge of the water and a fish swam under him and he JUMPED back he actualy jumped and then went really tall on all his for legs it was funny, but i have seen him in the water with the whiteclouds, i also have african dwarf frogs in there if your intrested those

your platy being kept in a tank with a heater?
they'll be substantially more active in coldwater

Yer my platy is kept in a tank with a heater.......?? I was told that they were tropical fish....was this info wrong!!

no your right platies are tropical but if it was doing fine in a colder enviroment i guess it could work, i hear that newts are extremely more active in coldwater tanks, so the only problem should be the water tempature, it could work but would be much better for your newt and intresting for you if it was kept in cold water, but is is possible that the platy would bully the newt too, however you'd have to try to find that out

what exactly is a fire bellied Newt...i'v never seen one :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back