Fins

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Candace l

Reaction score
Is there something wrong with my bettas fins?? The look crinkled on bottom fin.. help! He seems health and happy.
20220525_193144.jpg

I don't see any fin rot. The crinkles are just his rays with a possible deformity. If you got him from a big chain pet store then he likely has poor genetics so this kind of thing is to be expected.

On a side note, it's super important with longer finned bettas to keep their water extra clean and do plenty of water changes to prevent fin rot from occurring. If you're concerned increase your water change amount and frequency.

Yes. He acts totally normal. Just started looking like that about 3 weeks ago.

Btw my blue marble has a slightly wavy dorsal fin but no deterioration in the 3 years I've had him. In my opinion it's most likely a deformity from bad genetics. Betta splendens are mass bred these days and chain stores don't care about the source as long as they get the bettas they need. As a result there are highly inbred with weak genetics who are prone to deformities, tumors and other health complications out there for sale.

Btw my blue marble has a slightly wavy dorsal fin but no deterioration in the 3 years I've had him. In my opinion it's most likely a deformity from bad genetics. Betta splendens are mass bred these days and chain stores don't care about the source as long as they get the bettas they need. As a result there are highly inbred with weak genetics who are prone to deformities, tumors and other health complications out there for sale.
Thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Back