Finnegan The Miracle

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

zophie

Fishaholic
Reaction score
On Wednesday, March 30th, I went to pick up a beutiful betta. His name was Finnegan, and he was a red plakat/humpback. I was so attached to him, but soon tragedy struck.
On Thursday, March 31st, I went to a dentist appointment. When I came back, he was GONE. He wasn't in the tank, and he wasn't on the floor anywhere. I had pretty much given up hope, but on April 4th, today, my friend came over to help me look.
We looked in the filter, and sure enough; there he was.
We took him outside and put him on the deck, preparing to bury the grave. Suddenly, he flipped. My friend shouted HE'S ALIVE!
Sure enough, he was alive. We took him back to the tank, where he has settled in perfectly. He was trapped in a filter for four days, and now he is in very good health, considering what he had been through.

Just wanted to share the miracle :p Currently, Finnegan is totally fine, and has gotten FAT! (Thing Fat Finnegan). He will always be 'the miracle fish'!

OMG how lucky are you?! and Finnegan of course! So pleased that you had a happy outcome here. I had a similar type of experience recently with my Micky Smith (a PK male). I had just bought him a Fluval Chi and had moved him into it. I had decided to go for no gravel. The trouble was the bottom acted like a mirror and he was constantly going round on his side flaring at himself! So the next day I went off to my lfs to buy gravel. When I got back there was no sign of Mickey. I'd had a house full of kids that day and he'd been there all that time. Then suddenly zilch. There's nowhere to hide in the tank. I jiggled the centre piece about but nothing. I put my two bino corys in the tank as I thought that if he were in there they would draw him out. Still nothing. I was gutted. :sad: Three days later I decided to empty the tank and put gravel in in preparation for another male betta. All of a sudden there's Mickey! He must have gotten himself underneath the centre piece ornament when he was doing his flaring act, and then been unable to get out. I couldn't fathom how he'd got under there as there was no visible gap! He was no worse for wear though and very happy to see me! :D

Fuzzynicki-- Wow, Finnegan was in a Fluval Chi too! A word of advice... you know where the filter clips onto the tank? Well, right there, there is a big gaping hole that leads into the filter. I figured out that that was how he got into it. I blocked my hole up with mesh, you should definitely do the same.

Thanks for the reply's!

Fuzzynicki-- Wow, Finnegan was in a Fluval Chi too! A word of advice... you know where the filter clips onto the tank? Well, right there, there is a big gaping hole that leads into the filter. I figured out that that was how he got into it. I blocked my hole up with mesh, you should definitely do the same.

Thanks for the reply's!

Thanks for the warning zophie! I had no idea! :crazy: My PK is in a different tank now (an Arcadia Arc) and I have my white HM in the Chi. I've never seen him around that area of the filter,- but I will check it out and see what I can do to cover any gaps. Thanks again! :good:

Oh, a white HM! Practically my DREAM FISH! Would hate to see him get stuck!

Good Lord that's amazing! Betta's are such unbelievable creatures!
The only disappearing fish I've ever had did not have a positive outcome. He got stuck in a fake log decoration- he must have somehow gotten under it and swam up into the long part of the branch and gotten stuck. I found him weeks later, unfortunately. Not a good day.
But I'm glad your guy is safe and well! Congrats on your miracle! :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back