Finally The Fish Arrive!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

One_Trick_Pony

Steals the show
Reaction score
The first semi decent close up i have taken..... I see ltos of photos of a fish on a plain black background, as if the fish has been lifted out of a pictuer and placed on a backgorund, how do you do this?

Birchradicloseup.jpg

Peace regins, (for now)

Pair.jpg

Nice fish, any full tank shots?

You put the fish on a background using image editing software such as Photoshop.

if your camera has a macro button/mode, use that. it most probably will do, most cameras have it standard these days. it allows you to take photos of fish close up and see alot of detail like their scales.
if you're lucky enough to have supermacro, usually on DSLR cameras, this is even better and it allows you to get even more detail like the colour pigments of the fish. i think its great!
your pictures are fine btw, but what i tend to do is take a photo from about a foot or two away from the glass and then zoom in and crop it. this helps you get loads of detail and no blur or flash back from your flash on the glass.
lovely looking fish btw! :good:

the tanks amazing. thats great aquascaping! I can never seem to get mine right, that looks perfect. Where did u get the big boulder-like rocks?

The rocks are from the local landscaping merchant, hes a good guy, cost me about £10 all told i think

Great pics and beautiful fish, hopefully they'll all stay peaceful, you just never know with cichlids though. :kewlpics:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back