Finally Rio180 Is Set Up :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Applecart

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well that was a scary few days...
All fish are now in the tank and getting along.. ahem well almost ...eeek! :blush:

Since the community is so varied, and they all got along together from tiny fish to big fish, I thought I'd put my two female guppies in so they'd have company... well OH DEAR!

BIG MISTAKE! everything was ok for the first 20 minutes, then all of a sudden the puffers who are normally quite docile, went on the killer hunt.
They singled out my orange female and chased her every which way; silly girl didn't think to dive into a cave so I could rescue her,
then all of a sudden 'chomp' a bit of her tail was munched off. She desperately tried to escape ( as you would! ) then chomp ( and I heard that one ) her back half was gone! :(
Still swimming with just her front half she finally managed to get into a cave, but another occupant soon pushed her out again ( she was a gonner anyways ) then chomp chomp the puffas shared her. I've managed to capture my black female guppy, and put her into a breeding net until her Fluval Chi has warmed up again, then I'll put her back in it.

What I dont understand is there are smaller fish in the tank that the puffas never bother or chase, but the two guppies had a one sided fight on their hands ( black one managed to hide )

I feel like a fish killer now :( people will point and shout across the street "Fish Killer!" Oh the shame.

Wow. I felt I was their.

Thought I was reading a Tarontino novel.:saddam:

FISH KILLER, FISH KILLER! :eek:sama:

Ahahh, at least you didn't lose them both :)

On the plus side... perhaps my black female guppy thought she was too fat and needed to drop some weight incase I put her back in with the monsters.. so she's spat out 19 fry :)
Could have been more, but she might have hoovered some up as she was hungry.
I've put them in the Fluval Chi which is back up to temps etc.
I ought to put her in the Chi really and the fry into the breeder net for now,
at least until I can get my 24" (60L) or tiny 18" tank setup for them ( need to buy another heater ).
I'm going to get my sisters camera tomorrow so I'll take some photo's.

What's the best easily available FRY food? ( dont say fish and chips down the local chippie :) )

I didn't think you could mix puffers with anything else, let alone slow guppies! Don't fancy her chances much...

Crushed flake will do fine.

Yeahh, just crush a few flakes and sprinke them in :)

well it wasnt like you did it intentionally so dont beat yourself up.. these things happen just learn from it and move on you fish killer :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back