Finally! Pictures of my Blood Fins and Corys.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Finally was able to get some decent photos of the stock in my 20g long tank. Enjoy!
P1090080 (2).JPG

P1090086 (2).JPG

P1090082 (2).JPG

(The Blood Fin Tetras are still super skittish)
P1090073 (2).JPG

P1090089 (2).JPG

P1090095 (2).JPG

(And... shrimp. ;))
P1090103 (2).JPG

If you look close enough, you can see little ridges on it's head. Probably some of the most detailed fish photography I've done.

Those are awesome pics!
Are the bloodfins new? Looks like their coloring hasn't totally "filled in", yet...
Yes, they are very new. They are still missing the red on their dorsal and anal fins.

I'm a HUGE fan of all the Characids, but these are ones I've actually never kept...very nice, but they'll be stunning once colored-up....

I'm a HUGE fan of all the Characids, but these are ones I've actually never kept...very nice, but they'll be stunning once colored-up....
They are already stunning! You can see their bones and all their organs. (I also like how some of their organs have a sheen/shine to it. It's amazing)

I'm not worried about her. Lol.

Which tank is this? I honest don't know what all you have.
It is my 20g long. I love how low it is, and easy to maintain. (Compared to my 29g tank, which has the same foot print)

(I keep an updated list of all my tanks/stocking in my profile. :))

Would you mind sharing with us what you are using for substrate? I like the size of it, but the question is "Will the corys like it?" :)

I really want to avoid sand if I can avoid it.

And I love the photos, btw.

Would you mind sharing with us what you are using for substrate? I like the size of it, but the question is "Will the corys like it?" :)

I really want to avoid sand if I can avoid it.

And I love the photos, btw.
I use Quikrite play sand. It's an excellent size for Corys and it's also really cheap. (Look at Lowes/Home Depot - I got mine at $5 - 50lb bag)

Why do you want to avoid it? IMO, it's better for your plants and easier to clean.

I use Quikrite play sand. It's an excellent size for Corys and it's also really cheap. (Look at Lowes/Home Depot - I got mine at $5 - 50lb bag)

Why do you want to avoid it? IMO, it's better for your plants and easier to clean.
I find that it's harder to vacuum a finer substrate! LOL

So, the substrate in the aquarium above is Quikrite? I like it, and it's not as fine as so many sands. I'm definitely going to look into Quikrite. Thanks!

Finally was able to get some decent photos of the stock in my 20g long tank. Enjoy!
View attachment 128331
View attachment 128332
View attachment 128333
(The Blood Fin Tetras are still super skittish)
View attachment 128334
View attachment 128335
View attachment 128336
(And... shrimp. ;))
View attachment 128337
If you look close enough, you can see little ridges on it's head. Probably some of the most detailed fish photography I've done.
Great pics and beautiful, healthy looking fish, PK!

So, the substrate in the aquarium above is Quikrite? I like it, and it's not as fine as so many sands. I'm definitely going to look into Quikrite. Thanks!
I believe it’s Quickcrete isn’t it? Like concrete. I use to hate sand too but my cories love it so I gave in. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back