DeeGeeDee

Reaction score
Finally got round to setting up my Fluval Flex 57L this weekend.

Been researching this a lot over the last few months and decided to do a low tech planted tank. The lights probably aren't the best and perhaps the plants I've used are of a higher spec than I think but I'll give it a go. Not wanting to go down the CO2 route unless totally necessary so I'll have to wait and see.

Using 'grey mountain stone' which I bought from eBay with Caribsea Eco-Complete. Plants are Eleocharis Parvula, Staurogeyne Repens and Rotala Rotundifiolia which the supplier gave me for free. Hoping they all take and start growing. I also bought some Biohome Ultra Mini media from Pondguru which I've got in the tank alongside the Fluval Biomax supplied - they didn't actually give you much in the box to be honest so I'm happy I bought other stuff.

Begun the cycling process tonight using Dr Tim's One and Only plus the Ammonium Chloride. I'm planning on doing a separate thread for this as I couldn't find much about this on the internet and I'd like to give my thoughts about my experience with it. First reading one hour after dosing with bacteria was 4ppm. Going to do another one before bed tonight to make sure I've not overdosed the tank of ammonia!

Below are some photos of the tank on its first day.

Attachments

• IMG_4896.JPG
    IMG_4896.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 337
  • IMG_4898.JPG
    IMG_4898.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_4906.JPG
    IMG_4906.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 311
@DeeGeeDee
Have you tried posting this on AquascapingWorldForum *its where the big wigs are, there mean to so careful*?
I think its worthy even for that forum. They could help critique it. Definitely recommend making a journal there as well as here. (like keep updating this one to).
Everyone on here says my tank is lovely & nice on my journal, but on there they always figure something could be done better, that's good and bad but they give really good suggestions.
Keep Your Arms Wet!
Nate

Thanks everyone. I'm actually quite proud of it for a first tank. Really looking forward to everything that comes with it from now... Fingers crossed it's a success.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back