Finally I got a bristlenose pleco spawn

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Benji k

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I have seen them be going in an out of the cave for a couple of days and tonight I looked in the cave and the female was Abit les fat and ther was a clump of eggs at the back Iā€™m just gonna let him do his thing and not scare him because itā€™s his first time. But heā€™s fanning them so thatā€™s a good sign. Do you guys think I should just leave it

5 days to hatch, 5 more days until they are ready to eat Zucchini. If you let them stay with dad until they leave the cave they will be very hard to catch. If you want to save the most babies move dad and the cave to another small tank. When the babies are ready to come out, wash them out of the cave and put dad and the cave back into the main tank.

When the babies are ready to come out and they are reluctant, the dad will boot them. I used to net the cave with dad and eggs-wigglers and move them to a smaller tank with less decor. This becomes a ready made grow tank for the kids when he does and it will make the offsrping easier to catch when you have to move them to new homes. When you return dad and cave it is helpful; if the cave goes back in the same spot from which it was taken.

One note here. I had spawning BN for about 8 years before I moved all of them out. While my first spawns numbered in the 15-25 range. when I got my final spawn from my last pair, it was over 100 fry. Just andFYI- as the fish grow, the females produce ever larger batches of eggs.

5 days to hatch, 5 more days until they are ready to eat Zucchini. If you let them stay with dad until they leave the cave they will be very hard to catch. If you want to save the most babies move dad and the cave to another small tank. When the babies are ready to come out, wash them out of the cave and put dad and the cave back into the main tank.
Iā€™m thinking of just leaving them in the tank I now that some of the guppyā€™s might pick at them but Iā€™ll probably leave them in the tank thanks

When the babies are ready to come out and they are reluctant, the dad will boot them. I used to net the cave with dad and eggs-wigglers and move them to a smaller tank with less decor. This becomes a ready made grow tank for the kids when he does and it will make the offsrping easier to catch when you have to move them to new homes. When you return dad and cave it is helpful; if the cave goes back in the same spot from which it was taken.

One note here. I had spawning BN for about 8 years before I moved all of them out. While my first spawns numbered in the 15-25 range. when I got my final spawn from my last pair, it was over 100 fry. Just andFYI- as the fish grow, the females produce ever larger batches of eggs.
Thanks you Iā€™m thinking of getting Spair tanks because I now how much waste bristlenose produce do I will have another like 20 gal and all the babyā€™s can go in ther so I can keep the parameters under control

Be patient and see how round 2 does. The female should never have re-entered the nest. Mine laid eggs and vanished, with the male protecting the eggs from her.

When the fry are freeswimming, they still have a huge egg sac full of nutrition attached to them. Other fish in the tank can't resist, so they should be in their own tank for breeding.

Be patient and see how round 2 does. The female should never have re-entered the nest. Mine laid eggs and vanished, with the male protecting the eggs from her.

When the fry are freeswimming, they still have a huge egg sac full of nutrition attached to them. Other fish in the tank can't resist, so they should be in their own tank for breeding.
So since he kicked them out should I put them in a breeding box with air stone and some shrimp.

There are two reasons a dad kicks our eggs plus one more explanation.
1. He is inexperienced and it is an accident.
2. The eggs are not viable and he knows it.
3. The cave tilts forward making it easy for the eggs to roll out.

There s no solution for #1 except patience.
#2 is normaly behavior, he is supposed to eject nin-viable eggs.
To fix #3 put a small piece of something under the front end of the cave so that it tilts towards the back.

You can do one of two things here. You can use a turkey baster or other mans to gather the gets and get them back into the cave/
or
You can put them to a trap or small tank with an airstone. But if they hatch you will need to feed them once they have absorbed their yolk sac. You also need to monitor for infertile eggs which can fungus because they need to be removed.

There are two reasons a dad kicks our eggs plus one more explanation.
1. He is inexperienced and it is an accident.
2. The eggs are not viable and he knows it.
3. The cave tilts forward making it easy for the eggs to roll out.

There s no solution for #1 except patience.
#2 is normaly behavior, he is supposed to eject nin-viable eggs.
To fix #3 put a small piece of something under the front end of the cave so that it tilts towards the back.

You can do one of two things here. You can use a turkey baster or other mans to gather the gets and get them back into the cave/
or
You can put them to a trap or small tank with an airstone. But if they hatch you will need to feed them once they have absorbed their yolk sac. You also need to monitor for infertile eggs which can fungus because they need to be removed.
Yeah Iā€™ve got the in a container with an air stone in it but itā€™s his first spawn and the cave is tilling forward so I think they couldā€™ve riled out because I canā€™t see any fungus on the eggs and ther all yellow.Iā€™ll put a Little Rock so they wonā€™t roll out next time if thatā€™s what happened.

So rite now I got the bristlenose in a breeding box with a air stone and if I see any fungus growing on any I will take them out any tips.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back