FINALLY I CAN SHOW MY TANK!!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ANIM4L

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well i have to admit something, i have wanted to show my fish and tank to everyone for critisism and ideas and good saying for along time, i am extremely happy about my tank, i love it, especially since i just spent 300 dollars redoing it, and it isnt stocked yet, but it is getting there within a couple months i hope, i dont know what else to add, ideas for that owuld be appreciated. It is a 60 gallon planted tank, and this is what i have in it:

1 Powder Blue Gourami (Dori)
1 Red Fire Dwarf Gourami (Nemo)
1 Marbled Angel (Spaz)
Pair of German Blue Rams (only one now, getting a female soon)
Pair of Gold Rams (only one now, getting a female soon)
24 Neon Tetra
6 Kuhli Loaches (Will be getting these tomrorow :))
1 Clown Pleco (Stripes)
8 Otocinclus

i had a rubber lipped pleco, but i would rather have something that produces less waste, so i got the otos, will this be ok??? also i have a synodontis eupterus in the tank, but i think he is nipping on the fins of my angel and my gold ram (rams tail si torn up a bit, and my angel lost a little tip on his anal fin, nothing much) should i take him out??? The neons are there for looks, eventually the angels and/or the synodontis will eat them, and i am ok with that, but that wont be for a while :) My filters i am running are a Marineland Magnum 350 Deluxe and a Rena xP 2 cannister filter. This is my water quality settings:

CO2 ppm: averages between 30-40ppm
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
Ph: 6.8-7.0
Temp: Left side of tank - 82
Right side of tank - 80.5
Hardness: 180-300 (I live in Las Vegas Nevada, USA, hard water here)
Alkalinity: 180

So give me critisism or whatever you feel like. Thanks for looking! I hope to get a lot of comments!

Also my picture taking skills arent the best :)

Also i dont totally know how to add images liek others do (they add so many images per page, and i cant add that many for some reason!!!)

Cleaning The Fluorite
Tub.jpg

5 bags of flourite
Flourite.jpg

The Decor
Decor.jpg

The Starting of it all
Starting.jpg

The end result
EndResult.jpg

4 Days Later
4DaysLater1.jpg

4DaysLater2.jpg

4DaysLater3.jpg

4DaysLater4.jpg

My cave (Perfect rock i found at a friends store!!! Kuhlis will love this :)
KuhliCave.jpg

:hyper: AND NOW.... FOR THE FISHIES!!!! :hyper:

Ariel
Ariel.jpg

Eric
Eric.jpg

Spaz
Spaz.jpg

Gold Ram and Nemo (you can see my rams fins are nipped by someone!?!?!) :grr:
NemoandGoldRam.jpg

24 Neons :)
Neons.jpg

Mixed Group (They are such good friend :))
Mix.jpg

Dori
Dori.jpg

Blue Ram (He was HARD to get a pic of! In one of the tank pics, you can see him too :))
BlueRam.jpg

ShyRam.jpg

That is it for now, any requests of any of my fish and i will do my best to take a good pic for everyone :)

:cool: Stunning tank. Really, it looks professional. I wish I had a tank like that! Good job! :kewlpics:

Wow, it looks really,really good. You should be so proud!
I loved the step by step pictures as well, great thread :thumbs:

I'm impressed. Shame there is no tank of the month any more
as you would surely had my nomination.
good job :clap:

the tank looks good :cool: but the plants at the front shown in the 10th picture (just before the fish pictures) is java fern it should not be put in the gravel it needs to be tied to wood or rock otherwise it will rot :( . why not use some crypts instead and tie the java fern to your wood :)

Fab looking tank and well done so far ! But are Ariel and Eric in the main tank ? :blink: :dunno:

:flex: :fun: :lol:

ariel and eric are in a 2.5 galon alone separated, thye will be moving to a 5 gallon separated alone, so they have more room to swim around and they will be happier, but ariel has been in the 60 at one point, to see if she would be able to do that, and she did quiet well, just wouldnt eat for a while because trying to find a few betta pellets floating ontop of a 14x48 inch surface top is a little hard for a 1 inch fish, but she is happy and fine now :)

In my whole town NO ONE has any grassesd or anything that i can get my hands on for a small front plant, so i used the java fern only for a short time, i will be removing it. I have to wait till i can order some online. Thanks a lot for the great comments :) I did my best and learned from you guys here. gf225 really helped me out with the set up (Thank you gf225!) :clap:

also anyone have any ideas on what i should add/remove (hopefully nothing for remove other than java fern :)) fishwise and plantwise? Id like suggestions, i am not stocked yet and was just trying to get ideas. I am adding the 6 kuhli loaches tonight wheni get them and i might add another angel, anything else??? :hyper:

Nice tank! :kewlpics:

Is it a 55 gallon long or regular? Don't even know if longs exist but i've been dying to see your tank as you keep talking about it in the planted section. You should definately add another or a few more angels.

Ok i will be adding another angel tomorrow, if it doesnt work out i will find it a new home with someone i trust. I also got my loaches today!!! YAY!!!! They are so tiny and awesome, i decided to add 8 to my tank, so they will be happy :) I am not ridding myself of the synodontis because i am not sure if he is doing the nipping, as you can see on my gold ram tail, because he is still only like 2 inches, may be 2.5 inches. but i did have 3 serpae tetras and 3 black phantom tetras in there a week ago, i am now thinking they did it. Thanks for the replys!!!

My tank is a 60 gallon regular, long, whatever you wanna call it. I am going to be getting rid of the java fern, and adding some grass typ eo fplant, my friend at the specialty store, even tho i work at an lfs, is going to see if he can get his hands on sometihng for me. Thanks everyone! I will take pics l;ater of the loaches once they get adjusted and the new angel, and the new plants whenever they arrive lol

Looks good! :thumbs:

(What are you using for a CO2 unit?)

i have 3 nutrafin co2 units with diy mixtures. I add a little more than half a tsp of yeast in each, but not 3/4, may be sometimes tho i add 3/4, since it is really hard to measure that lol :) I cant wait for my background and side plants to grow big :):):):):):):):):):):) its going to look awesome!

looking very nice.

bit concerned that you have such different temps at each end of the tank. you might need to adjust your filtration or heater arrangement to sort this out. if those reading are correct your fish will get very stressed swimming from 1 end to the other.

take the temps with the classic inside glass thermoters and check it like that.

the thermometer i have now is great, it just heats up one end and goes to the other, i moved it closer to the middle and now the readings are....

left side - 80.6

right side - 81.2

I moved it like 5 inches only cuz of whats on my tank side (co2, intakes and outake tubes, etc) so id .6 degrees ok?

Anyways, thanks everyone!!!

I have new pics, some stupid ones i felt like taking, others just cuz u havent seen them yet :)

My Platy Breeding Tank
Platy3.jpg

Platy2.jpg

Platy1.jpg

The Cave Hole, so you can see how big it really is! :)
CaveHole.jpg

My Banana Plant that i got out of curiousity lol
Banana.jpg

My Forests (little now, but hopefully will get much bigger!
Forest2.jpg

Forest1.jpg

This is some white stuff i keep finding on only HALF of my mopani driftwood, i diditn know what it was, but i guess if someone knows, please tell me lol :) Hasnt affected my fish or water at all either :) The second one has blac dots, but dont worry, it is tahitian moon sand from a while back :)
WhiteStuff2.jpg

WhiteStuff1.jpg

These are my drawers of stuff for my tanks and my dads tanks (I am the one that maintains his tanks, but that will be changing soon lol)

The misc drawers :)
MiscDrawer2.jpg

MiscDrawer1.jpg

The Food and Chemicals (Lots of food for them, lots of variety)
FoodandChems.jpg

And the Testing stuff, cleaning stuff, and medicine
CleaningandMeds.jpg

AND NOW, FOR THE FEW FISH PICS!

Spike, my synodontis, THE BEST PIC I COULD TAKE.... sorry :(
Spike.jpg

And the others :)
Spaz3.jpg

Spaz2.jpg

this one happened wheni was trying to get the pic of the white stuff, the gold ram LOVES the camera (he loves to get close to me when i am around, so does my angel, but way more :)) and the blue is still shy about cameras lol
Rams.jpg

Eric2.jpg

Bettas1.jpg

Ariel3.jpg

Ariel2.jpg

That is it for now, sorry for the massive amount of pics :rolleyes:
Rams.jpg

Damn dude, you got enough supplies there to open your own fish store! :hey:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online