Finally Got A Good Pic Pls Help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

josh63762

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hay guys my female shrimp recently just had babies ( she is the one on the right) I wanted to make a breeding tank with her and a male so I put her in with the shrimp on the right is it a Male? it is a lot skinner then her and longer. could u also try tell me the spices she had green eggs and she has a white saddle the seller told me they were ghosts but I'm doubtfull because now and again when she's scared she goes a dark brown with almost a tiger shrimp pattern? pls help is he a Male!? thanks guys P.S so glad I finally got such a good Pic! I just had to resize it because of the forum so it might not be clear but the original is crystal! :)
IMG_2013082048829.jpg

There's no picture. Upload the photo to somewhere like flickr or photobucket and use the IMG Code to post the photo here OR click the little photo icon in the reply box and paste the URL for the photo there.

I see the picture just fine...maybe a browser issue for others...

I would say ghost is accurate though that common name is used for several species. They do change color as a normal part of their behavior so it's not unexpected to see them dark, sometimes almost a translucent smoky black.

It's like sasquatch or the loch ness monster!  :)

I do think they are ghost shrimp and the color changing is in keeping with what I've observed with ghosts.

can anyone sex Them? thanks for the replies

Yea I was going to say the OP may have macrobrachium, but the bright green eggs mentioned in the white saddle is pretty consistent with ghost shrimp!

Ghost shrimp. The one on the left appears to be male as it is smaller than his counterpart.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back