Finally Cycling

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

juliebob

Reaction score
Hello again...New question. I now have 0 ammonia reading, 2mg/L nitrite, and 80 mg/L nitrate. Am I still doing ok?? MOst of the books I have do not speak to actual numbers that are not toxic. Should I do a partial water change yet??
As a reminder, I have a 10 gallon tank with 3 mollies and a dwarf frog (about 4 inches of fish). Thanks again!

Julie

How long has the tank been cycling and are you using any additives?

:)

I have had the tank set up with fish in it for 11 days. I had a spike in nitrites about 5 days ago. I used Cycle at start up and then again after seven days.

well the tank has passed stage 1 (i.e no ammonia present) but a nitrite reading of 2mg/litre is quite high along with you 80 mg/litre of nitrate is high i would reccommend a 50% water change just to lower these levels down abit while the tank cycles to avoid stressing the fish too much.

Try not overfeed this fish while the tank is in the cycling stage because the filter wont be able to cope with the extra biological demand. Keep an eye on the fishies behavour to make that they don't get too stressed while tank is cycling.

HTH

Anyone feel free to comment on my post

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back