FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishkeeper35

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so far its this

6 zebra danios
6 black neon tetras
1 freshwater clam(to help with water quality)

it has everything it needs to run and the temp is around 75 F and the ph is at 7.3

i plan on adding an airstone

any suggestions are appreciated as i am a noob

You should forget about the clam. These sound like a great idea, but in reality they never live for long in tanks :(

I'd think about replacing it with some shrimp or possibly some pygmy corys or Otocinclus, once your tank has matured for a while as these fish don't do so well in very new tanks.

Are you planning on doing a fishless cycle?

my tank hass already cycled

how about this?

4 zebra danios (already have)
4 black neon tetras
3 reticulated cories

or this?

7 zebra danios
7 black neon tetras

give me some more suggestions as i am low on ideas i like shoaling fish but i can't seem to find a cat fish or bottom feeder that doesn't have to be in a shoal

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

would i still be able to add those cat fish and be able to keep the numbers of tetras and danios up?

would it be overstocking?

do airstones allow more space for fish?

maybe add a dwarf chiclid of somekind in there? maybe a bolivian ram or zebra acara? pairs would probably be way better than one single fish1

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back