Fin rot

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Miky

Reaction score
Hello
I need some help with fin rot on 2 of my fish. 1 silver tip and 1 guppy so far. The silver tip lost it's tail and the guppy part of tail and top fin. I just used eSHa treayment for the first time tonight 20 drops as I have aprox 80l of water in the tank. I have a comunity tank with various species in. I believe I am kind of overfeeding them. Is the treatment goid? Did anyone else use it? Please help! Nitates and nitrites are practicaly non existent on the test strips, water is on the hard side and ph is between 7 and 8.
Thank you

Hey there,

Looks like some fin rot, is it just a silver tip and guppy? Because an overstocked tank does lead to fin rot because of the bio cycle gets unbalanced, Secondly, I believe if nothing is wrong, your silver tip had a fungal diseases, and I say this because the disease had the spread through physical contact, and in physical contact I mean fin nipping, which is what a silver tip, a tetra are always known to do, I advise you change 50% of your water still, as he might of contaminated the water, and if possible, quarantine the 2 fish together, separator, quarantine tank, etc. And lastly, I advise you put salt

@Colin_T, may you do the honors on how to put salt in?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back