Fin rot? Tail regrowth questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sydney12345

Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago my bettas tail fell off. I figured he had fun rot so I started feeding him more, cleaned out his tank completely, and have been giving him bettafix since then. He's eating again and he's very active but his fins are continuing to shrink! Right now they're a little smaller than those of a female betta, but they're very smooth at the edges and no longer tattered and ripped looking like they were before. How do I know if he's getting better? How do I know if I'm treating it properly, and how long do fins take to regrow? Is there anything else I can do to help him? He has a good size tank with no other fish.

About 3 weeks ago my bettas tail fell off. I figured he had fun rot so I started feeding him more, cleaned out his tank completely, and have been giving him bettafix since then. He's eating again and he's very active but his fins are continuing to shrink! Right now they're a little smaller than those of a female betta, but they're very smooth at the edges and no longer tattered and ripped looking like they were before. How do I know if he's getting better? How do I know if I'm treating it properly, and how long do fins take to regrow? Is there anything else I can do to help him? He has a good size tank with no other fish.
Also he has a heater and a filter.

Fins take months to regrow fully. If he seems happy in himself and the fins aren't deteriorating, you're likely on the right track! Keep up with your water changes to give him the best conditions possible to recover.

As well as good water quality provide quality food. A variety of live food, frozen food and high quality dried foods (pre -soaked) will give him the strength to heal.
Wishing him well.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back