FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
20C2B4A8-BF40-4F51-A235-0230248F256E.jpeg
image.jpg
Hi these fishmaybe have fin problems. The one on the bottom has some blood on his fins but thatsmaybe because i used the net too much
The one on the bottom is not very active unlike his bigger brother who is very active.
The on eon the top is one of the most active but these round-spade tail guppies never have fin growth or anything like that
The image.jpg

The fish in the second picture is in poor condition and probably has worms and or gill flukes. You could try deworming all the fish and see if that helps.

Check the water quality.
Do big water changes and gravel cleans.
Clean the filter but don't replace the media.
Add some salt (2 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres of water). Keep salt in tank for 2-4 weeks.

The fish in the second picture is in poor condition and probably has worms and or gill flukes. You could try deworming all the fish and see if that helps.

Check the water quality.
Add some salt (2 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres of water). Keep salt in tank for 2-4 weeks.
Last time i added salt the fish spazzmed out and died i found that melafix works well and treated some fish before. I already did all these, and i will deworm too. Can these meds be used together?

Edit: prazipro and melafiz

Last time i added salt the fish spazzmed out and died ...Can these meds be used together?
Spasmed? Really? How much did you add, to what volume of your tank?
Did you dissolve it in a cup of tank water first, or just throw it in?

Ideally, no meds at all are used. When using meds, some believe that making an unholy concoction and throwing it all in at once should work. Personally, I think that subjects the fish to too many artificial chemicals at once and would increase their stress levels.
Stressed fish are way more prone to illness and disease than un-stressed fish.
If I would use meds, I'd go for a general cure-all first, such as Melafix, as this is the least toxic/most gentle of meds, after aquarium salt.
I'd also follow @Colin_T 's advise to the letter though.

Spasmed? Really? How much did you add, to what volume of your tank?
Did you dissolve it in a cup of tank water first, or just throw it in?

Ideally, no meds at all are used. When using meds, some believe that making an unholy concoction and throwing it all in at once should work. Personally, I think that subjects the fish to too many artificial chemicals at once and would increase their stress levels.
Stressed fish are way more prone to illness and disease than un-stressed fish.
If I would use meds, I'd go for a general cure-all first, such as Melafix, as this is the least toxic/most gentle of meds, after aquarium salt.
I'd also follow @Colin_T 's advise to the letter though.
No it was in a seperate container all mixed in and then i put the fish in.. he started swimming incorrectly

No it was in a seperate container all mixed in and then i put the fish in.. he started swimming incorrectly
Then it sounds like you didn't do what @Colin_T is suggesting, ie: "Add some salt (2 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres of water)."
You add the salt to the tank, but dissolve it in a cup of tank water first and throw that in, rather than just add the salt to the tank. (If you do this and some drops on a fish, it wouldn't be comfortable for the fish).
Please slow down with your responses...they'll be easier to read.
(And I'm curious...how many times have people told you that the orangutan is not a monkey? :D ).
Good luck with your guppies.:)

Check the water quality.
Then it sounds like you didn't do what @Colin_T is suggesting, ie: "Add some salt (2 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres of water)."
You add the salt to the tank, but dissolve it in a cup of tank water first and throw that in, rather than just add the salt to the tank. (If you do this and some drops on a fish, it wouldn't be comfortable for the fish).
(And I'm curious...how many times have people told you that the orangutan is not a monkey? :D ).
I did that… it was all dissolved and there were no crystals…
I never noticed that lol. I just found some monke fish images online(i like orangutans too)

oh yea...
wil api general cure and melafix together harm cories

Don't mix medications.

All medications (including Melafix, deworming medications, and everything that treats fish) puts the fish under a lot of stress. Deworming medications cause the least amount of stress but can still cause problems if overdosed or mixed with other chemicals.

Just use one medication and when that is finished, do a 75-90% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for at least 2 days (preferably 1 week), then use the new medication.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back