Fin rot still there.....

Itsmemario

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
It's getting a little worse, his fins are starting to almost curl at the ends and just breaking. Daily water changes and salt hasn't been working.
I dosed the tank with Maracyn and ich x with the instructions from this video, go to the 5:25 part of the video

20200804_101831_resize_54.jpg

How much salt are you dosing per day? How much water are you changing per day?

Cory's betta (almost) looks like my betta, your betta looks like my betta and has the same muscle buldge.... Coincidence?

------

My betta is currently recovering from serious finrot, like yours.
I did a 100% water change, cleaned everything from the tank, acclimated him back to
the tank. The very next day I have raised his tank temp to 28 C for 2 weeks with every day or so (just very regular)
water changes and his fins start growing back.
Did what I did and see if it helps.

How much salt are you dosing per day? How much water are you changing per day?
I did like 4 full tablespoons of salt(10 gallon tank) and did 50% water change and added two spoons of salt back. I did it for probably for a little over 2 weeks. All it does is kill plants.

I did like 4 full tablespoons of salt(10 gallon tank) and did 50% water change and added two spoons of salt back. I did it for probably for a little over 2 weeks. All it does is kill plants.
Go for my method. Worked for my boy.

Cory's betta (almost) looks like my betta, your betta looks like my betta and has the same muscle buldge.... Coincidence?

------

My betta is currently recovering from serious finrot, like yours.
I did a 100% water change, cleaned everything from the tank, acclimated him back to
the tank. The very next day I have raised his tank temp to 28 C for 2 weeks with every day or so (just very regular)
water changes and his fins start growing back.
Did what I did and see if it helps.
Should I wait since the tank has meds or just clean it now?

Clean the tank right now since the meds visibly don't work, better now than sorry.
I cleaned the whole tank and slowly putting up the heat but my heater is so annoying. If anything it went down a degree! I keep it at 78-79, I put it up a little and the next day it was 77.
This is my 4th heater and they all act weird and barely change when I change the temp. Also if i shift the heater in the tank it will also change the temp. I've even had a eheim and it messed up. This is so frustrating.

Update:
It's not really getting better but it doesn't look like it's getting worse. I deep cleaned the tank and I'm trying the salt thing again. There still looks like there's some fungus stuff on the tip of his dorsal fin. Other than that he's his normal self. Here's a video of him trying his new freeze dried shrimp!
20200810_174606_resize_57.jpg20200810_191930_resize_75.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back