April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

bumalkk

Reaction score
iā€™ve attached some images of my betta fish sweet pea. i have just gotten him a 10 gallon tank, and i was not aware he had anything wrong with him until recently. how do i treat him pls help
5BD91509-733F-43D2-BAB2-71498DC7ECE4.jpeg
9423D683-DABB-4D7F-9479-592B8B9443B5.jpeg
904E2959-9B93-466B-BB54-468DCA96FDB8.jpeg

Is the white spot what u mean?? Is it like cotton?? Do u test ur water because moderators will ask what ur levels r. Can u describe the symptoms in more detail??

We need to know as much as possible to help work out what the problem is. Most fish illness is caused by poor water quality which is why we always check that.

How big is the tank?
Does it have a filter? If it does, is the water flow gentle or strong?
Does it have a heater?
What are the levels of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate in the water? If you don't have testers, take some tank water to a fish store and ask them to test - but make them give you the numbers rather than something like 'fine' or 'a bit high'
Did you cycle the tank before getting the fish? By this I mean did you grow the good bacteria by adding ammonia to the tank before you got him?
How often to you do a water change, and how much do you change?

One of the most simple 'treatments' is lots of large water changes. This is the first thing to try when a fish is not well.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back