Fin Biting? aggravated Betta Fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bayaan.bawab

Reaction score
Hey guys, uhhhh so I kinda have an emergency,
When I went to feed my betta this morning I noticed something blue in his mouth he dropped it when he came to eat but I think it might have been his tail. He was fine in the morning but now he is getting mad at me, i dont know why he's flaring at me and seems stressed hes a veiltail so his fin is very big so is he stressed? i need help!
IMG_2563.jpeg
IMG_2556.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey guys, uhhhh so I kinda have an emergency,
When I went to feed my betta this morning I noticed something blue in his mouth he dropped it when he came to eat but I think it might have been his tail. He was fine in the morning but now he is getting mad at me, i dont know why he's flaring at me and seems stressed hes a veiltail so his fin is very big so is he stressed? i need help!
i do 50% water changes once a week with a conditioner

Have you tested your water parameters, especially ammonia? How big is the tank? Poor water quality or a small tank can stress the fish, leading to fin-biting or other health problems.

Have you tested your water parameters, especially ammonia? How big is the tank? Poor water quality or a small tank can stress the fish, leading to fin-biting or other health problems.
my tank is 5 gallons and i do a water chaneg once a week. uh no i havent tested my water how do i do that?

5 gallons is good and so is a weekly (partial) water change. Do you have a filter? I would buy the API Testing kit and test the parameters, especially ammonia.

They do this when they feel their fins are to long, there is nothing you can do about it. :/

You do need to make sure to keep it up with the water changes - clean water is key, for preventing fin rot.

Two weeks is better than nothing and will probably be ok in my opinion as long as you're keeping up with water changes until then. If ammonia is high, the fins will get infected, causing fin rot.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back