Filtration

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

In the tap its 6.8 and in my tank it is 8.
I'm gonna test the water see what happens then I'll let you know.
GMazzle 83 reports his pH after standing 24 hours is 8 to 8.2 so now we know why the tank pH is 8.

@GMazzle 83 Do you know how hard your tap water is? The simplest way to check is to look on your water provider's website, though some Irish members report it can be tricky to find.
Hardness and pH are linked and one cannot safely be altered without the other also being altered. If your water is hard, the simplest is to keep hard water fish which also usually meed high pH. If the water is soft using a lot of bogwood might lower the pH.
But we need to know the hardness, or GH, of your tap water to make meaningful suggestions.

If your water company is UISCE Water, type your address here https://www.water.ie/water-supply/water-quality/water-hardness/ and tell us the number for mg/l CaCO3.
Screenshot_20200827-180850_Chrome.jpg

Hmmm, the website seems to be saying your water has no hardness at all yet your strips show the top end of soft. Strips may not be totally accurate but they are not usually out by that much.
It does seem odd that the website says zero, there's usually a tiny bit of hardness even if it's just 4 or 5 mg/l. ????

Hmmm, the website seems to be saying your water has no hardness at all yet your strips show the top end of soft. Strips may not be totally accurate but they are not usually out by that much.
It does seem odd that the website says zero, there's usually a tiny bit of hardness even if it's just 4 or 5 mg/l. ????
I thought so too.
I'll load up the page again and retry, see if it gives a different reading.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back