filtration question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

funfish

Reaction score
I currently have a 25 gallon tank with the eclipse II filtration system. I am hoping to upgrade to a 40 or 50 gallon tank. I like my eclipse but I have heard from some people that they're not the best filtration system. Does anyone have any advice on better filtration systems?

Also what is the maximum light exposure the fish should get from the hood light in a day?

I have a tropical freshwater tank with 2 corys, 5 assorted tetras and 2 mollys.

Thanks! :p
D

Hi and welcome to the site, funfish. :)

I've never used an Eclipse filtration system. What is the rated GPH of it?

If it can turn your tank over at least 4 times an hour and you are happy with the filtration you get from it, then I don't see why you couldn't use it. :)

A lot in the aqua world is preferences. AWhat one of us likes and thinks is the best might not be what another likes. I like Emperor and Penguins the best but that's just "my" personal preference. I love bio-wheels. :)

I have a simple Whisper 10-30 in my ten gallon and I love it. I've never tried any of the above mentioned.

I agree with all of the above. Its really just personnel preference. As far as lighting goes, I leave mine on for approximatly 12 hours. If you plan on having live plants, depending on the type, the requirements may be different for you.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back