FILTERS!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! KILL KILL&#33

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

commanderdoom21

Moved On
Reaction score
O.k, I want a small filter for my technically 2.5 (2 gallons with gravel). IDEAS?!?!? ANY IDEAS?!?!?!?!??!?!??!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whisper mini filters are what I have in my 2.5 gallon tanks. They do a good job w/the filtration, but they do take up a quite a bit of space. There are some "goldfish" bowl filters I've seen that would work as well.

If you can get ahold of one - I'd definitely suggest trying eBay - I really like the little Azoo Mini/Micro Filters. They're really little, and hang on the back so don't take all the space that the Whispers do.

For a 2.5 gallon tank you don't need any more than a sponge filter, they take up hardly any space are powered by a small cheap air pump (sponge filters themselves cost hardly anything). You also get good aeration from the air pump.

A sponge filter will certainly do the job. If you are looking at power filters then check out the Aquaclear Mini as a superior alternative to the whisper.

penn plex makes a nice little filter for small tanks (under 5 gal). called "small world filter" if you go to www.thatfishplace.com, select "filters-submersible" and scroll down a bit you'll see one. my lfs carries them for about $4 and need a small air pump. works great in my fry tank.

They sell small power filter at WalMart for small tanks. Sorry I don't know the name but they even sell replacement charcol for them

wrap some filter foam round an airstone and that will do
you should need to pay much for a filter as waer changes and tank maintaince are what keep everything healthy

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back