Filter

Amyead12

Reaction score
I have a new pf3 filter in my tank and some of my fish are at the top of my tank is this something to worrie about

Did you replace an existing filter with a new one in a fairly new setup?
Often fish come to the surface when there's an ammonia spike which can happen in newer tanks when a new filter replaces an established filter. Alternatively fish will go to the surface when there is oxygen depletion.

As AbbeysDad said really but i have a PF3 & the Guppys dont like it cos it blasts them all over the tank, So ive gone back to the slow running Interpet internal thing CF3 & they are fine now, I know they like slower moving waters,So i tried the PF3 but they were all stressing. Them Power filters are quite fierce though for smaller fish, i pointed it away to the side but they stayed out of the way of it

I've had the tank set up for just over a month but I felt like the filter wasn't Good so I replaced it with a new one , so it could be the oxygen maybe?

As AbbeysDad said really but i have a PF3 & the Guppys dont like it cos it blasts them all over the tank, So ive gone back to the slow running Interpet internal thing CF3 & they are fine now, I know they like slower moving waters,So i tried the PF3 but they were all stressing. Them Power filters are quite fierce though for smaller fish, i pointed it away to the side but they stayed out of the way of it
All my guppys seemed to like it and go over to it , some platys do some keep away but they like to stay by there plants

If you took the old filter out and put a new one in, you'll have removed all the bacteria in the filter.

What are the ammonia and nitrite readings in the tank? If one or both is higher than zero, that's the reason. A water change is needed to get the reading down to zero, then the levels checked every day doing water changes whenever there's a reading over zero.

I will do a check and do a water change , thanks for your advice as we are new to having fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back