filter size

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AgentOrange

Reaction score
i got a new tank for my fish and i want to transfer them into it can i use the undergravel in my smaller tank even though its a bit smaller.

My old tank is 24x12x12 and my new one is 30x15x12 i have got a interpet duo2 filter pump also could i use the both.

Thanx the Agent :huh:

id get an undergravel plate the same size as ur tank....just so no gravel gets under it.....id deffo use both too.....ive got undergravel filter and pump filter working at the same time just to make sure the water is clean

make sure ur new tank has cycled b4 u add any fish into it tho

Tek :fish:

the smaller one will certainly work i have used smaller ugf systems in larger tanks and yea they work fine ive even used a 1 foot ugf in a two foot tank before now and it worked ok. if you are planning on using two filters thats is a good idea.

how clean does you water stay? I have never tried using my ugf that came with one of my kits.

I have read (and practice) reversing of the direction in your underground filter. Is anyone else doing this? It keeps the majority of the underplate area squeaky clean.

i havent tryed it but i suppose it would work just as well only it would be a bit trickey using anything other than a power head. hard getting the bubbles to go down. ;)

I did it and the water is clear as a realy clear thing im using a ugf with 2 tubes on 2 seperate Rena 300s pumpin like a ***** is it worth using the Interpet Duo 2 filterpump or not i got it in now coz the of the carbon i can put in it

Thanx guys The Agent :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back