Filter replacing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ThatFishGirl6231

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I need help replacing something in my filters. Not the pad/cartridge thing, but the thing in front of it. The thing that the water pours out of has been growing a LOT of algae. I've just been wiping it off because I dont know where to get a new one. I dont even know if you do replace it. Please help me.

In case you guys need to know, I have a 10 gallon Aqueon Whisper Filter.

I am confused about the part of the filter you are asking about. The intake tube is that the part? At any rate I am sure it is a great filter, but if you are seriously considering replacing it, then go with an AquaClear. Sounds like you have a 10 gallon tank, if that is the case then you can go with this AquaClear 20 Filter.

If you want to stay with your present filter then the only thing you can do is take it completely apart and clean it really well. Clean the sponges and media in tank water, not tap water, or you will kill your Beneficial Bacteria. The rest of the filter you can clean in tap water.

Algae as many here that know this better then I, is usually caused by an unbalance in the aquarium, especially when the setup is new. Too much light, the wrong kind of light, to many nutrients, to few plants. So to help with algae it can be kind of process of elimination, shorting the time the lights are on, feeding less, and more plants helps.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back