The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Fish1999

Reaction score
Hi!!
Just wondering if anybody may be able to send over some advice regarding my new filter. The intake tube (the part inside the tank that sucks up the water) is not as far down as my old filter was.

My tank is vertical, hexagon shape not square so itā€™s tall!

Itā€™s an aqua clear filter, Iā€™m just wondering if the intake tube is far enough down, or if I should get an additional tube to make it longer?

Here is a photo of the intake tube/how far down it goes, which is about 5ā€ if I would have to guess.

Any advice greatly appreciated thank you so much! :)

Attachments

• 7A36BC06-BEFB-47F9-B59F-9125562EF393.png
    7A36BC06-BEFB-47F9-B59F-9125562EF393.png
    451.1 KB · Views: 73
It is best to have the intake for your filter as close to the bottom of the tank as possible, especially with a tall tank. My advise is to get an extension.

Hi there, I believe that aquarclear filter is the same one used in the Fluval edge 23l and 46l. I believe they use the same exact filter for both models. The fluval edge 46 litre is very high but not wide and yet they designed it with that short intake, its not ideal but it will definitely work. The lower to the substrate the intake the better the water is mixed and filtered. Ive had a 46l fluval edge with that filter and its always been fine, so it should be fine. But as the reply above says, an extension shouldn't be too hard to build or buy. All the best

Hi there, I believe that aquarclear filter is the same one used in the Fluval edge 23l and 46l. I believe they use the same exact filter for both models. The fluval edge 46 litre is very high but not wide and yet they designed it with that short intake, its not ideal but it will definitely work. The lower to the substrate the intake the better the water is mixed and filtered. Ive had a 46l fluval edge with that filter and its always been fine, so it should be fine. But as the reply above says, an extension shouldn't be too hard to build or buy. All the best
Sorry for the late reply, thank you so very much!! I really appreciate your help :) I think it is circulating pretty well quite honestly, the current is strong and the plants on the bottom are moving/swaying lots so I think itā€™s okay. Iā€™ll give it some time and decide on an extension, thank you so so much again!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back