Filter Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Its listed as one of the best so idk. Marineland is fine imo. For my old 15 gallon i had a tetra whisper ex30, never broke in storage after a good 5-8 years after “the thing” happened to my dads tank
My filters stopped leaking:huh:. I'm not sure why; hopefully they don't leak again when I reset the tank in my new house.

I can't get pics; the filters are HOB and against the wall. They were leaking from where the motor head goes into the plastic, if that makes sense.

TETRA Whisper Aquarium Power Filter, 20-40 gal - Chewy.com

This is my filter. In the middle, on the bottom, is the motor head. That part can come out if you need to clean it and when I put it back in, it didn't create a seal. The washer was fine too. I let it run for two days and then it stopped leaking. My filter is against a wall in a corner and I'm afraid to move it in case it starts leaking again. That's why I can't get pics. :)

If you're looking for a new filter I would highly suggest the AZOO Mignon Filters. They don't deal with annoying cartridges and you only really need to use ceramic rings and a sponge with the setup. Cycled and cleans my tanks with ease along with it being quite cheap on amazon (about $20). I believe there is a version for smaller tanks such as 10-20gallons along with the option for larger tanks. I currently have the 150 version (I use for my 10 gal) but they also have the 60 version. I would suggest checking those out. They don't take up much room on the tank as they hang off onto the back.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back