Filter confusion......

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kwi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So my sons Birthday pressie tank hasn't cycled though it really should have, so I have gutted it today and started cleaning everything to start from scratch and am confused by the filter, it appears the water comes in the intake, to the impeller, then up a tube straight to the spray bar........going to dry it all up and then test if what it looks like happens does actually happen, also going to email AquaOne in case I am missing something.
It's an Aqua One PF100.

Do you mean it go straight up from the impeller straight into the tank without hitting any sponges or media?

Are you sure its called a PF100? Just looking online and I cant find it. Do you have any images?

Wills

Aqua One PFI 100 ?

Since you are starting over I would suggest trying a planted cycle, Still work on the HOB but add some fast growing floating plants.

Since you are starting over I would suggest trying a planted cycle, Still work on the HOB but add some fast growing floating plants.
I was going to the end of this month before going for a silent cycle, this is meant to be the wee mans tank and he didn't want live plants. However today has seen nitrites finally appear.

I tried to talk my son into having a tank. He is 27 but is not interested. I offered him a 10 gallon tank with all the set up that I have sitting empty in the basement plus some of my fish but no. He prefers to look at my tanks and does not want to have to"mess" with his own. When he was a young lad he loved helping me with my tanks. They grow up so fast.

aww! maybe keeping fish is kind of like gardening... when you grow up, your grandparents do it and you help them but then when you hit your teen years you think its dorky, and then when you get to middle age you saw the wisdom of the previous generations and you pick up the hobby yourself, building on what you learned in your younghood... (one can hope, right?)

Most reactions

trending

Back