Filter baffling

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I also have a 2 tap manifold in my air line. This means that I have a spare tap and if I feel the flow rate is too strong I just open that tap a bit to bleed air into the room so there's less going to the filter.
The one way valve is to stop water getting sucked back along the tube and into the pump.

This is the only filter in my betta's tank and it works fine for me. I have the Aqua One sponge filter in my link and an Eheim air pump. it is pretty quiet, it is sitting on an old filter sponge to dampen any noise. Some pumps and some sponge filters come with air line tubing, some don't; some come with one way valves, some don't. Read the packaging or item description on-line so you know what you need to buy and what comes included.

I also have a 2 tap manifold in my air line. This means that I have a spare tap and if I feel the flow rate is too strong I just open that tap a bit to bleed air into the room so there's less going to the filter.
The one way valve is to stop water getting sucked back along the tube and into the pump.

This is the only filter in my betta's tank and it works fine for me. I have the Aqua One sponge filter in my link and an Eheim air pump. it is pretty quiet, it is sitting on an old filter sponge to dampen any noise. Some pumps and some sponge filters come with air line tubing, some don't; some come with one way valves, some don't. Read the packaging or item description on-line so you know what you need to buy and what comes included.
Thanks so much

I have a sponge filter powered by an air pump in my betta's tank. The advantage is that they create a gentle flow perfect for bettas. I have the smallest version of the one on the left in this link.

The advantage with the type I have is they have a hollow core which the instructions say is for filling with carbon, but you could easily put the media from the current filter inside so you don't lose all the bacteria.
Sorry, last question I promise lol. When you say the smallest, what one do you mean. They are showing as a list so cant tell what you mean by the one one left lol.

You posted just after I turned off for the night :)

The link I posted last time was to show the different styles of sponge filter. This is the filter I have. It's the smallest version of this style.

I have an Eheim air pump, but they do tend to be expensive.
I've also read good reports on this Interpet pump
The Eheim pump comes with tubing and one way valve (and an air diffuser which you don't need if the pump is powering a filter) but the Interpet pump doesn't.

There are other air pumps on the market, some are noisier than others. Reading user reviews will help you decide :)

This is what I use to bleed air out of the system to control flow rate.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back