Filter Advice

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Dan0990

Reaction score
I had fish tanks years ago tropical & marine, and recently decided to get another, decided to stick with tropical this time around, mainly due to the cost. I have bought the Aqua One Horizon 182, fits perfectly where i want it and matches the décor so the Mrs is happy.

The filter it comes with really doesn't look like it will do the job, looks like one designed for a 50L tank. I had a similar sized tank before and the filters covered the whole width with different filters, stones etc. this one is an all in one.

I've checked reviews and they're all 5* and not a mention of filter.

Does anybody have the same tank or can anybody advise? I'm only going by image as the tank hasn't arrived yet. I'm contemplating getting an external filter

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 1632300246515.png
    1632300246515.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 35
I almost bought the same tank a while back as the foot print is good if I’m not mistaken it’s 4ft in length but under 200l depending on what fish you plan on keeping I would go with a fluval 206 canister

Yeah I would definitely go with an external. Fluval or Ehiem are my personal go too brands. I have kit from both makes that is over 20 years old and still going strong.

If you can afford it I would suggested paying a little extra and going for one with a built in heater. One less bit of kit in the tank and in my experience it does a much better job of averaging the temperature across the whole tank. Sometimes with normal heaters you can get quite a difference in temp between 2 spots in the tank.

Most reactions

Back