Film on wood?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Divinityinlove

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Can definitely see some tiny white worms moving around I'm hoping are detritus ones, but there's other tiny white specs moving around and this cottony/cloudy white film on the driftwood, what the heck is that??

I've got only shrimp in this tank.

View attachment 165605

It's nothing to worry about, it's a weird fungus thing that grows on wood that's new to the aquarium. Your shrimp may snack on it or you could try and siphon it out with your water change 👍🏻

It's nothing to worry about, it's a weird fungus thing that grows on wood that's new to the aquarium. Your shrimp may snack on it or you could try and siphon it out with your water change 👍🏻
I have no issue if they snack on it... But I added a video link, could ya please have a look see if there's a parasite issue with the white worm?

the link doesn't work

some driftwood fungus is toxic so take the wood out and hose the fungus off. Then put the wood back in the tank.

the link doesn't work

some driftwood fungus is toxic so take the wood out and hose the fungus off. Then put the wood back in the tank.
I'd boiled it before putting it in, is there a chance it is still growing toxic film?

Thought i had deleted this thread actually as I reposted in shrimps related section since its about the worms as welll...

I'd boiled it before putting it in, is there a chance it is still growing toxic film?
In most cases that stuff is harmless 🤷‍♀️ if you're worried you could take it out and give it a little scrub

If the fungus is a toxic type, then boiling doesn't make it safe. Unfortunately there's no way of telling if it's a safe or toxic fungus so try to err on the safe side and hose it off.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back