Fiddler Crab Tank: Before & After

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

crabberdude

Reaction score
please wait for pictures to fully load

BEFORE Gravel substrate & freshwater. Fiddlers were probably :no: :look: :/ :S :X :( :blink: :sick:
1000930nf1.jpg

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
After!!! Sand substrate & brackish water & a fake(the crabs probably won't know :D ) Mangrove root. After observing my crabs they seem to be :rolleyes: :good: :drool: :hyper: :lol: :wub: 8) :p .
1001015px4.jpg

1001024xs7.jpg

1001036xp5.jpg

1001028mg8.jpg

oh yeah I took my filter out because it was to noisy and would disturb the sand. I'm working on a DIY sponge filter that I will put in the corner.

Nice renovations :thumbs: I'm sure your crabs appreciate it. Oh, and just to make sure, you are using marine salt(not aquarium salt), right?

Another educated fish/invert keeper, makes me glad to meet someone who does their homework :good: Oh by the way, I may be interested in getting into fiddler crab keeping in the future, so how is the maintenence.

That tank fits the needs of Fiddler's perfectly. Though if it were me I'd remove the fake plants and put some real ones in.

Just one thing though, I can remember you saying that you have 3 males and 1 female.
I think it should be the other way around, just in case she gets harassed too much ( :hey: )

But a MUCH better improvment, I bet they love it :nod:

Cheers,

Maximus

As a woman, who knows nothing about being crabby, I can honestly say that we appreciate having 2 or 3 boy toys at our disposal.... ;)

oh yeah I took my filter out because it was to noisy and would disturb the sand. I'm working on a DIY sponge filter that I will put in the corner.
now that is a really nice Crab lodge!

you may consider a small cannister. but perhaps you could make a self contained tank. though the split would be the same but the water would be filtered and run through the sand. this is a good bit more complicated than your set up, but would be the best option for long term crab keeping.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back