Few Pictures Of My Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

heathy12

Reaction score
Heres a few shots of my tank.

See some of the tanks here and am bowled out by them!

Mines been set up for 2 years now, nice mix of fish, first set up when I wasn't so aux fait with the hobby so havent any substrates so plant growth was an issue untill I fitted my nutrafin co2 kit a few weeks ago - boy what a difference its making!

DSC03552.jpg

DSC03551.jpg

DSC03550.jpg

DSC03536.jpg

DSC03542.jpg

DSC03547.jpg

DSC03528.jpg

DSC03527.jpg

DSC03525.jpg

Nothing special compaired to some of the tanks you guys have.

Any positive pointers or reccomendations or critisism you'd have would be appreciated as i'd like to get the best out of my tank and the hobby as im really enjoying it.

All fish are healthy and the nitrate, ammonia and PH levels are good, no losses for months (Touch wood!) My nutrafin co2 system is running well. Have a real mix of plants - didnt study latin and there far too much going on in my life to remember most names!

Fish wise I have a good mix - not a species tank but a very communal tank with everyone getting on!

Ruby shark
common Plec
2 Clown loaches
2 Culi loaches
1 Armoured Shrimp
18 Leopard Danios
4 White fin tetras
2 emperor tetras
4 Black widows
6 Swordtails
1 guppy
1 Mollie
1 Clown barb
1 Angel fish

Tanks a 1m 40cm x 40cm

Lighting is 2 T4 tubes, Fluval 5 filter. 12hours of light a day roughly.

Like I say, any advice will be mostly appreciated.

My concerns are ive overstocked the tank (Damn eBay local fish sales!) and possibly too much light time.

Realised how difficult it was to take pictures of fish!! Thats another art Ive got to master!! The damn things keep on moving and none of them like my red eye light! Flash just makes it all look crap!

Cheers guys!

Ad :)

that is a nice looking tank :good:
whats the fish peeping out from the hole?

Thanks! Not sure how my tanks going to be taken, dont rate it against the others here!! But then again I see it everyday!!

The fish in the holes actually my Armoured Shrimp!!

Very nice. How's your experience been with the shark's behavior? Looks like he's a pretty big one.

Has a very nice natural appearance, and gets the thumbs up from me... :good:

Thanks guys! Dead chuffed its getting the thumbs up!!

I like the natural look and have tried to get it looking like a riverbed cross section best I can.

Very nice. How's your experience been with the shark's behavior? Looks like he's a pretty big one.

No problems with the shark whatso ever. Was my second Tropical Fish I ever bought about 7 years ago so he's doing really well!

Its his tank and he lets everyone know, the occasional chase - Tom and gerry stylee! But apart from that he's fine!
He's just over 3 inches in length! Bought him at just over an inch!!

Thats are some gr8 pics. But i guess u must increase ur guppies, barbs and molly.

Most reactions

trending

Back