Few Of My Cories :d

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MBOU

Recovering LFS Worker
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hey all,

Took a few snaps the other day and thought I would share them here.

The tank is 300L (4ft) display tank where I work and *very* heavily planted, low tech, lots of bogwood and thus a nice low ph and soft water.

All the corydoras are either rescues (customers breaking down tanks etc) or if there was one left when all others are sold from a batch, this does mean i have an utterly random mix of species but i dont have any singles of any species! There are about 15-17 in the tank altogether :)

Also some of the cories are still in the process of growing back their barbels and some, like the odd looking bronze and sterbai look a little 'deformed' to me and the Sodalis (i think thats what they are!) are the newest and very underweight.

Just thought I would share my babies!

Big Momma!! She spawns regularly... but dislikes the male cories coming near her LOL
bigbronzecory.jpg

sillyfacecory.jpg

Weird looking cory!
weirdbronzecory.jpg

albinocory2.jpg

Eyerolling!LOL
albinocory.jpg

pandacory.jpg

peppercory.jpg

sterbaicory.jpg

Bronze and I think Sodalis?
sodalisandbronzecory.jpg

corygroup.jpg

Like I said, if a customer has a cory they can no longer care for, is sick and i can QT it and then give it a lovely home.... most were very underweight and now are happy chubby little things :)

There is i think:

4 bronze
4 albino bronze
2-3 panda
2 sodalis?
2-3 peppered
1 sterbai (will add 1 more when he is settled in)

DSCN4635_zps3207544b.jpg

DSCN4639_zps342b0c00.jpg

just picked up some venezuela sailfins too (black cories) they are sooo cute. Ill have to get some pics of them to share too :)

I know how you feel, I've picked up a couple single cories here and there too that were underweight and getting nipped at in the store. I have one panda who is now gaining weight and getting bigger, and is starting to grow barbels; a sterbai too. I know they prefer a group of their own kind, but they're much happier (healthier and safer too) in my tank with my cories. Ce la vie :)

I couldn't resist picking a damaged cory myself recently enough although I already had 20 adults and about 40 fry growing up.
That's him just before I put him into my betta tank for quarantine:

dscf2633v.jpg

My betta fell in love with the cory and they were inseparable:

dscf2743n.jpg

And that's him "dancing" in the video below after 2-3 weeks when he got moved to a tank with other corys for company. That was a tough decision, my poor betta... At this stage he had regrown almost all the top fin and the tail. He's the only corydoras melanistius I have:

It amazes me how different their personalities are!

The albinos are the boldest, most active and the most likely to 'dance' no matter who is standing in front of the tank. Then the bronze (i know they are same species but they behave so differently!) will happily come out, mooch around and feed and occasionally dance. Same with the peppers. Panda cories are much more reclusive and only come out for food and the Sodalis i rarely see unless i shift plants to find them.

My panda is very shy as well, and my green are always dancing lol that's why they're my favorite. I'm noticing that the venezeulas' behavior is alot like the green, so my tank is quite busy at times :D I know this doesn't sound nice, but I can't help but think the sterbai I rescued isn't as smart as the others
lookaround.gif
lol... he just kind of bumbles around and doesn't seem to catch onto things as fast as the others, like I said he is a rescue though so something could have happened to him before I got him, oh well he's happy
rolleyes.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back