Few Noobie Questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Some lava rock contains dangerous metals to your tank inhabitants, id just use calcium carbonate (aragonite rocks).

Check out marcorocks.com for some great rock, they sell rock at the dry pound (not live rock), so lets say you need 1.5 pounds of wet live rock per gallon, youd need about .8 pounds of dry rock to equal 1.5 pounds of wet rock, therefore you dont need to buy as much.

If this was my tank, I would get a hi fin goby:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...&pcatid=181
And a pistol shrimp.
Plus snails, and corals.
That's it.

I wouldn't do two fish. The live rock takes up room and water volume. Your ten gallon is probably more like 8 gallons. That gives you a very small margin of error if anything goes wrong.

Still can I have 3.5 lbs of live rock and a filter running on it (hob)

Still need to know what to do for cuc

Its simple really, the easiest way to keep a fish tank IMO is, live rock, powerheads. The end. Get something like 5 pounds dry base rock and 5 pounds wet live rock, and get a powerhead or two in there. Thats all you need, forget about the HOB filters and stuff, your adding another margin of error and more work for yourself if you want to use filters.

Agreed. CUC you wont need much. i would do a nassarius snail, and about 6 to 7 astreas.

Why would you need so many nassarius when your only feeding one fish?

YAY now I have 3 different opinions and am totally clueless about cuc

I could also have a shrimp or 2?

So my guess is you can't fit small damsels in here?

I am going for a firefish and maybe eventually a clown goby if its okay would I be okay with 2 fish??

Also I could have 2 shrimp? I read that they put low bioload on the tank

I do have powerheads in there, 2 80gph's. Is there anyway to mount equipment so it's out of the tank?
I think some people do this by drilling holes in the bottom then putting pipe through attached to powerhead?

What your talking about on external pumps is a closed loop system, for a basic tank, i wouldnt recommend it, because you do need strong pumps and they can be known to leak if not done correctly.

okay is there any other way to make powerheads not so visible? the odd thing is
about every 10 gallon reef on youtube has a perculla clown. This seems odd any
reason why?

Still need to know what for cuc?
1 nassassarius 5 astrea?
5 nassassarius 1 astrea?
4 trochus?

Also should I get normal crabs or hermit crabs?
do I have to have crabs?
could I have 2 shrimp? 1 blood and 1 cleaner?
could I have a firefish and clown goby?
instead for my only stocking could I buy a small clownfish
and keep him for a year?

the odd thing is about every 10 gallon reef on youtube has a perculla clown. This seems odd any
reason why?
Sure there's a reason. They wanted what they wanted w/out much regard for what the fish needs. Basic human nature I guess. It takes a bigger person to do things right than to hissy fit and stomp their feet and say "I wanna". <(ok maybe not that bad, but you get the idea.)

Still need to know what for cuc?
1 nassassarius 5 astrea?
5 nassassarius 1 astrea?
4 trochus?
Read about the:
snails
crabs
Shrimp

These links, esp the snail, give details about each species. :good:

instead for my only stocking could I buy a small clownfish
and keep him for a year?
Do you really think you could part w/her after you've taken care of her, changed her water, fed her and watched her grow over the year? I'd say it probably won't happen.

Why don't you just get a bigger tank. You could even watch for ones that people are getting rid of. Can find some great deals this way :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back