Fertilizer for aquarium plants?

biofish

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
Iā€™m mostly concerned with the safety of root tabs for fish/looking for the best ones. I just bought a few baby plants and wanted to help speed up their growth. My main tanks that would need it are: 20g, 29g, and a 55g. I have sand only substrate. So just any advise on this I would really appreciate. Iā€™m not sure if it matters but my fish are:

Angels, Pearl gourami, electric blue ram, guppies, cherry barbs, clown pleco, bn pleco, Cory catfish, and a few shrimp.

I donā€™t have any difficult plants. I get the ones easy to care for, or at least the ones the stores mention are easy LOL. Not entirely sure of their names though.

It depends.
If the plants are root feeders, then you want root tabs. Flourish tabs are good.
But if they aren't root feeders, then you don't need root tabs.

C11084CE-93B7-432A-A67A-FE4DE2F8D852.jpeg
Im pretty sure these are root feeers? They got some intense rooots and grow in the substrate

I can spot jungle val, amazon sword, java ferns and pennywort and java moss.
The jungle val and the Amazon swords both need tabs.
The Java Fern and the pennywort and java moss feed from the water column and will need liquid fertilizer. Flourish Comprehensive is a good option.
One thing to note:
Java Fern(back right) should not be planted in the substrate. It should be fastened to hardscape. If it's planted, the rhizome will rot, resulting in the plant's death.
I can't tell if yours is planted or not. Just thought I would mention that.

Thank you šŸ™

Can I use both at once safely?

And Iā€™m pretty sure that itā€™s not planted LOL

Itā€™s gotten that big in the year Iā€™ve had it (if Iā€™m looking at the same you are) Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s being held down by a decorative rock lmaooo

Thank you šŸ™

Can I use both at once safely?

And Iā€™m pretty sure that itā€™s not planted LOL

Itā€™s gotten that big in the year Iā€™ve had it (if Iā€™m looking at the same you are) Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s being held down by a decorative rock lmaooo
Yes you can use both at once

Agree with what has been suggested here. The Flourish Tabs are ideal for substrate-rooted plants like swords and Vallisneria. Use one tab next to the crown of the sword plants. The Vallisneria I would put one or two tabs along their root line, not more.

For liquid, the Flourish Comprehensive Supplement for the Planted Aquarium is safe. Do not use any of the other products in the Flourish line, they can cause you real problems.

268E277B-59EC-4B50-AF15-E45FCB2FDF10.png

This?

Attachments

• ABA3B338-A92E-471D-B302-3E1AD48A3D6D.png
    ABA3B338-A92E-471D-B302-3E1AD48A3D6D.png
    314 KB · Views: 18
So. Just a couple days over a week since fertilizing:

Java moss is blossoming swearing itā€™s always been a vibrant green color rather than a gross brown, the tall skinny plants are hinting at a genetic relation to rabbits, the others reaching just ever taller and able to support snoozing bottom dwellers, and of course canā€™t forget to hair algae that break danced its way out of the very depths of hell.

Most reactions

trending

Back