Fert + Light Questions

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Neal

Live life, don't let it live you!
Reaction score
1) I'm wanting to buy a Starter set for my new tank if I get it. It contains the following:
1x 5L Bag of AquaBasis+
1 x 100ml bottle of JBL Ferropol (liquid fertiliser)
1 x JBL Ferropol 24 (daily fertiliser)
Is that enough? I am wanting to go mid-tech with this one, without spending too much money.

2) The lighting on this tank will be 2x 18W T5's, over 30 Gallons, could I change the tubes to anything more powerful without making a mess or having to do any/much DIY with my tank? I'm after the Aqua One EuroView 76, it comes with PR Reflector lights, which just hang on the sides of the tank, and it has no hood just glass covers. I want to keep it looking like that, is there anyway I can upgrade the lighting?

Neal

the lighting is OK, yet i would recommend 2 watts per gallon... you have about 1-1.5 wpg (to tired to do the math right now :S)

as for the fertiziler, i think it is pretty good. YOu will have great flourishing.

I would add a Co2 system, you can make a DIY, just search TFF on how to build a $2 Co2 sys! :D

That's what I was planning to do with Co2, i'm just wary of keeping it stable, and as I don't have any test kits I can't test for it.

Neal

Most reactions

Back