Fern gully revisited

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gadazobe

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Received my plants from Java today. Whoopeeee :) I bought the 36" tropical assortment and got over 85 plants. Just spent the last 2 hours cleaning, pruning, planting. :( Real hard work in this heat and I even had a few left over for my cichlid tank, although I doubt that they'll last long there :angry: The community tank looks greaaaaat :D - dunno where all the fish are, but, hey, they're happy, I'm happy, things are slowly getting back to normal here and life is great :D :D :D

Cool :D

Glad to see things are looking up for you :)

Nice to know it's going good for you Gad! :D

I'm hoping to have my new setup with live plant's, so let me know how it goes.

I've got pics, but I'm old fashioned - only got a little instamatic camera and haven't finished the film yet. :( I'll take some more and scan them when I get them developed. If I can scan them to someone who knows what they're doing, maybe they could post them on the forum for me, if I ask really pretty please :) :) :)

Gad when you get then you can send them to me and I'll put them up. Rose

Well, got my pics developed. They all came out APART from the pics of the tanks :( Dunno why, I took them without a flash but with the lights of the tanks on. Most probably not enough light. Last time I took pics with a flash, it reflected back into the camera and the pic looked like one big ball of light :( It's no good, gonna have to get a digital, or maybe someone can explain how to take a pic with an ordinary camera :what: I'm a technical retard :( :(

need lots of light in the tank, have the glass clean inside and out. Make sure to have all other lights off in the area as well as reflections from outside light.

Gad, there's a brief thread in July in General Talk re:  photographs.  :)

gad' Standard Aquarium lighting general isn't powerfull enough to ligh the tank for foto's, are they completely black or just very dark. If so myself or Feargal may be able to enhance them. It's best to use a couple of external lights pointing down from the top of the tank(remove the hood)
What camera are you using? if it's a 35mm one I can give you the settings for it if they allow you to change them.

The pics are very dark - you can just make out a couple of outlines in them.
I'll check and see what mm the camera is - at the moment my son "borrowed" it - with bit of motherly nagging, I might get it back in a week or so :( (if so, it'll be a first, normally what he borrows never comes back :( ) I'm sure other parents of older kids know exactly how it is - or maybe the kids themselves are on this forum :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back