Ferg's Tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Some new images (not much change since the last shots mind)..

DSC_0857.jpg

DSC_0875.jpg

DSC_0868.jpg

not the best images. I just wish my giant crypts would grow at the back and cover the heaters!

Just read the whole of this all the way back to when you started and I must say I was gripped. Amazing to see your tanks develop and evolve. Cant get over the age of the Pleco you got. Must say I felt for you with the trouble you was having with the plants, needles to say though both your tanks are stunning. Keep the good work up.
fish.gif

Thank you 
smile.png

Can't believe I've not been on here in so long again.

DSC_1656_zpsabd6021b.jpg

Here is a poor shot of the tank as it is now (10 months on or so).  I find it upsetting to look back, as you see how some plants have died off, done poorly or just gone completely.  Saying that, the most noticeable change in plants are both the Anubias, both of which have double in size (the latest shoot coming off the large central plant will break the surface I reckon, so probably about 20-22 inches in height.

Crypts in the foreground doing well, would hope they become more dense in time.  Also have some small grasses growing around the right side of the tank and these are popping up around the crypts, so it is looking more natural as colours and textures merge together.  Considering buying some more of the Anubias in the coming weeks, seeing as they're the only plant I can keep alive at that size, so that they can cover the heaters and finally have a nice backdrop.  Fishwise, the 5 Angels are all still going strong, Bruce the Plec has a resin pipe to call home now to keep him from causing mischief.  Still have the 3 foxes, the Bolivan ram pair but the tetras have been dying off with age so now I'm wanting to restock with something new but not sure what as yet.    Still can't afford to be spending money on the tank, so I'll have to see.

Is a shame to see the plants slowly disappearing between photos but still a nice looking tank and some beautiful angels. I know how you feel about not having money to spend on it thats the stage I'm at with mine at the moment. 

God, not been on the forum again for ages!

So the tanks are now coming up to 6 years old, although can't say it is like above anymore..

tank_zpsvjmpxxb0.jpg

The above is the most recent photo I have of the main tank (from last Christmas).  As you can see, it is very sparse of fish (Current residents are Big Bruce the pleco, 3 flying foxes, 1 Opaline gourami, 1 Bolivian Ram, 1 Angelfish, around half a dozen Black Widow tetra and one or two other odds and sod tetras (Rosey, Sepae etc).  The plants, well it is now pretty much just Anubias - monotonous but they fill the tank and require no maintenance so it does the job.  

It's a tad frustrating as I do want to start restocking the tank but I want to go with a collection of barbs as they're cheap, easy to care for, full bodied and colourful (not only that, but they'd shoal amazing in a tank like this I think).  I would imagine in large groups they wouldn't bother the single fish, but I just don't want to risk it and comprimise their wellbeing.

The small tank currently has 3 male Rosy barbs in, 1 peppered cory and the algae eater.  I would prefer to get rid of this tank now (well, keep it spare as a quarantine/sick tank) and put the barbs downstairs but again don't want to risk it. Just seems a shame to see them swim around a 70L tank when there's a 400L+ that's near empty that they'd enjoy.

Does anyone else keep barbs with Angels/Gouramis etc?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back